~Belphegor❤(Midnight)~

(this is not fit for some readers as this mentions self-harm and attempted suicide also this is pretty short. And it may seem a little rushed but I have my reasons so sorry. But during the final time skip multiple months take place) 

|
|
|

(No Ones Pov)

The clock strikes midnight, the cold air floods into the large room. A shiver falling down his spine as he looks down at the seemingly lifeless body before him. Blood pools from open and fresh cuts on their wrists. He feels his heart racing as he holds the body in his arms. The skin begins to pale and he feels his chest tighten as his hands wrap around their open wrists trying to stop the bleeding the best he can. Yet nothing seems to work. At this moment he feels helpless as he waits for a doctor to arrive, sending another knight to fetch them. Seconds feel like hours as he hears their breathing becoming almost non-existent 

“Come on” he mutters under his breaths looking at them. Their face tear-stained, covered in small droplets of blood that seemed to be on their fingers before they passed out from the blood loss. His breathing calms down when he hears rushing footsteps and a door being slammed open. He lets go of their wrists slowly before he is pushed away from them only to stand watching in the distance. His heart picks up its pace again as he watches the doctor press cloth to the cuts and another pressing down on their chest over and over again to hopefully get a heartbeat. A gasp of relief fills the air as it leaves one of the doctor’s lips as he sees the once lifeless body having its chest moving up and down on its own at a steady pace. Some part of Belphegor felt relieved but another part was full of anger and he hadn’t the slightest clue why. 

--

(The Readers Pov) 

 After the incident, a knight had been assigned to closely watch over me by order of the king. A tugging feeling of regret filled me as I watched the dark-haired male. His lips had always been pressed into a thin line and bags were under his gradient eyes. His pale skin became paler than I can remember. Yet when I first saw him he had a natural paleness to his skin while his eyes always had a glossy look as if he was always tired though who could blame him for being crabby and moody at times. 

“I haven’t said my name, I’m Belphegor” he states a yawn soon leaving his lips after the words escape. His arms still pressed behind his back and his eyes closed slightly but not all the way as he stared down at me. I swallow a lump of nervousness in my throat feeling intimidated by him. 

“Nice to meet you Belphegor.” I nod slowly at him as he quickly turns to look out the window at a small blush coating his cheeks. 

“This isn’t the first we’ve met. You are aware of that, Yes?” he says leaning against the wall. His left hand resting on his waist as he looks at me with somewhat narrowed eyes. The sun seeping in through the window hits his eyes making them shine and becoming more stunning than before. Almost making him seem godlike. Even through the heavy armor, I could still see his thin but muscular arms being pressed against the metal arm pieces. Seeming like it was almost suffocating to him. 

“Yes, I am. You were there with me that night. That’s why they wanted you to watch over me” I mutter pressing my chin to the back of my hand, a sting of pain rushing through my arm making me hiss under my breath. His attention was suddenly turned to me and he rushed to my side. His eyes looking over me with a sense of worry. His hands resting on my shoulder, a blush covers my cheeks as He realizes his reaction; he moves away quickly, a cough leaving his lips. 

“Sorry, I got nervous, it won’t happen again,” he says his voice trembling voice, his fingers intertwine with each other, a laugh escapes my lips as I look at him with a smile 

“It’s fine, no need to be so worried”  I chuckle lowly and I watch a small smile come to his lips as he nods. Before taking place back into the corner of the room looking back at the window. 

--

Cold air slips into the room. A shiver leaves my lips as my hand is pressed to my chin as I lean against the stone railing around the edge of the balcony. I sigh leaning farther down to the cold stone. My eyes narrow at the surrounding cities and trees, small lights could be seen coming from the windows in the smaller houses. 

“What are you still doing?” a stern and soft voice questions, making me jump, turning around my back pressed slightly against the railing, my footing becoming weak as I struggle to keep myself from falling over. An arm wraps around my waist pulling me against a body. My hands rest against his chest and our faces close with the small distance. 

“I could ask you the same thing” my voice breaks as I look away from him, his arms still wrapped around my waist and my back pressed against the railing. My heart raced by just the small distance. 

 “I couldn’t stop thinking about you, it’s a weird feeling, I’ve felt it ever since I first laid eyes on you. My heart has been racing for you” he mutters, his hands rest on his sides soon letting me go to lean by myself against the railing. A blush coming to my cheeks as I listen to his somewhat confession. My own heart racing. 

“Don’t hold me in your heart” I pause “you’ll learn to regret it” I state not looking at him for fear of what his reaction might be. But my heart skips a beat when I feel a hand on mine and fingers tracing patterns on my skin. I look at him to see the little distance between us. I see his deep purple and pink eyes looking at me with a sense of love and admiration for whatever reason. A smile on his lips making my heart race as he stares through my soul 

"I doubt I could ever regret loving you." He mutters under his breath. The space between us becomes smaller until his lips are pressed to mine in a quick moment. Before pulling away, his arms being placed to his sides, he looks down at the ground again “I just hope you feel the same way and that this isn’t one-sided” a sigh leaving his lips once more 

“I love you too” I mutter pressing my lips into a thin smile taking his hand into mine. At that moment I didn’t hear the loud ringing of the clock. Only later did I realize that this was real and not a dream the only thing that feels as though it is keeping me sane. 

The clock strikes midnight