Chapter 136: suspension

Thank you guys for 13k followers, as I say every time...
I DO NOT DESERVE ANY OF THIS ATTENTION!

Also, I apologize for what Ezra wrote yesterday, but I have to go along with it so prepare for a pillow to be seperated from his owner for a while.
_________________________________________
George POV.

The house was eerily silent last night, I don't think any of us got much sleep. After my father had gone to talk to Clay only he came back, telling us that Clay was going to have an unpaid suspension for a month.

My mother thought it was cruel for both of us, my father thought it would be good for both of us, and I just felt guilty. Extremely guilty. I was so stupid to have said anything, and now I won't see the person I loved most for a month.

At about 7 this morning, I climbed out of my large, empty bed and slunk out into the hallway and over to the door of Clay's room. I didn't know what I'd expected to happen, I couldn't sleep for ages last night and I came to the door several times.

Each time I'd try to open it, unsuccessfully, Clay had locked it. So I'd just end up sitting against the wall or pacing up and down the hallway for a while before retreating to my lonely bedroom.

My hands curled around the door handle before opening it slowly. It was unlocked! My heart skipped a beat at that, but when I opened the door the room was empty.

The bed had been left made and the bathroom and closet were lacking a lot of items that belonged to Clay. He's already left, I thought at least I'd get a chance to say goodbye.

I let out a discontent sigh as tears welled in my eyes and I looked around at the closets shelves which were lined with folded up clothes, some of them his and others I had left so that I could change in here if need be.

With a quick glance over the shelves I moved over to one and grabbed one of Clay's favourite green hoodies, the one with a black smiley face. I pulled it on and, as usual, it was too big on me, creating sweater paws that covered my hands slightly.

Just as I was about to leave the room I saw something else, hidden behind the pile of folded up hoodies. I grabbed the item of clothing and let out a surprised gasp as I examined it. It was the skirt, the original one. From the cheerleader uniform that I never ended up wearing.

I had found out that he'd kept it and spent ages hunting for it to destroy, but now that I had it...
I shook the thoughts from my head and returned it to it's place before heading into the bedroom.

Feeling overwhelmingly tired I moved over to Clay's bed and climbed into it, preferring his room to my own, maybe if I focus hard enough I could pretend he's here... right?

Clay POV.

I'd hung around town most of the morning, struggling to find somewhere I could go that didn't remind me of George. These 31 days were going to be hell.

31 days.
744 hours.
44,640 minutes.
2,678,400 seconds.
2678400000 milliseconds.

Barely no time at all. I can manage... Can't I?

No. No I can't. I gave a loud sigh as I pulled my phone from my pocket and saw hundreds of texts from George, telling me to call him.

I decided to ignore it for a second, and saw that Mr Davidson had given me an address to a motel which was 5 minutes away. He had booked a room under my name for the month which was a small mercy on his part.
So I walked there, still getting a lot of weird looks from people as I wheeled 2 suitcases and a bag down the road.