Chapter 41: Prep hold.

Yes this title makes it sound kinda seggual but it's actually a cheerleader thing... Apparently

Just want you guys to know that I wrote this chapter with absolutely no knowledge about what you do in cheerleading. And without being bothered to do too much research.

Are you proud of me for still getting a chapter done?
_________________________________________
George POV.

Niki and Puffy both pivoted on the balls of their feet and turned to face me, Puffy spoke "now, it's time to show you what we do here."
"Uhhhh, do you know anything about cheerleading first George?" Niki asked before her friend could do anything.
I simply shook my head and they nodded in response.

I watched as Niki pulled 3 pairs of pom-poms out of a small box in the corner of the room, each a different colour. She took the pair of hot pink pom-poms, Puffy got a pair of purple ones and I was left with some cyan ones.

They felt slightly strange in my hands, I ignored the instinct to put it down and run out of the room, and gave the pom-poms a tentative shake. Niki and Puffy watched and each gave a small laugh.
"Usually I wouldn't recommend this for a beginner but I think your ready for it, want to do a Prep hold?" Puffy asked me, causing Niki to elbow her in the ribs.
"He's a beginner, I don't think the coach will like if we do that with him, she told us only to do simple, beginner stuff." She growled in a hushed tones, but both me and Clay could hear her.

"What's a Prep hold?" I asked as I dropped the pom-poms onto the floor, although he stayed silent I knew the blond behind me was wondering the same thing.
"It's basically where 2 people  hold you at shoulder level over their heads." Puffy explained.
"Yeah." Niki agreed, "but Coach McAuley says we need to have a good sense of balance first."
"Well the coach isn't gonna come in here so we could, just for a minute or so in the air." Puffy suggested, a slightly rebellious tone appearing in her throat and flaring visible in her bright hazel eyes.

"Well fine, if it's okay with George." They turned away from their small conversation and looked to me for my answers.
"I... Uh-sure"
Puffy looked excited, "great."

"So how do you do this exactly?" I asked cautiously, not exactly sure what I was signing myself up for.
"Basically you will step onto our hands and then we will lift you up so you are at level with our shoulders. You okay with that?"
I looked over to Puffy as she explained then nodded slightly, although I was growing increasingly nervous.

"Okay so you come over here George," Niki gestured for me to stand beside her so I was be facing Clay and the door and my back was facing the window. I complied and then saw the pair cup their hands together and bring them down so I'd be able to step on them from where I stood.

Shakily, I lifted my left leg and stepped into Puffy's cupped hands, as she gave me a reassuring smile. As soon as I did that my left arm flew up to hold onto her shoulder for extra support.
After a few uncertain breaths I lifted my other leg and stepped into Niki's cupped hands, who gave me a smile identical to Puffy's. Just like my left arm had, my right arm gripped her shoulder tightly to stop myself from falling forwards or backwards.

Once I had both of my feet off the ground I saw the cheerleading pair's arm's shaking slightly under my weight. "Am I too heavy? do I need to get down?" I asked them, worrying for their safety.
Niki shook her head, "you are fine, just not balanced enough, you are leaning ti far back."
I took in her advice and leaned forward slightly.

"Do you want us to lift you higher?" Puffy asked, looking up at me.
After a moment I gave a nod, "j-just slowly please."
The pair both nodded and I slowly felt myself getting further away from the ground.
Clay had put his phone away and took a cautious step forward, his arms reaching out to grab me should I fall towards, but my mind was more worried that I'd fall backwards and smash through the glass.
No, I shouldn't be worried about that, Niki and Puffy both seem qualified enough and I trust them.

My hand grabbed for the blonds as I went even higher, just for extra support. Soon I was so high off the ground that Clay had to stretch his hand up so I could hold it, but he seemed fine with it. My legs slowly straightened out as I slowly gained confidence, but it still took a while for that confidence to let me let go of the blonds hand.

He leaned over to Niki who told him something, it wasn't in a whisper but the fear and confidence blend stewing itself inside of me made it difficult to focus on their words.

Clay POV.

I saw the lack of confidence in the brunette's eyes as Niki and Puffy lifted him higher at an extremely slow speed instantly I stepped forward to offer him support and held out my hands ready to catch him incase he fell.
The entire time he was being raised I easily heard him muttering curse words  and squeezing his eyes shut slightly in fear, with his lips pressing together and forming a straight line.

As he got higher he started reaching for my right hand and I held it up for him to hold, as the girls continued to lift him up he squeezed my hand tightly until I could barely his hand from where I stood.
That's when I noticed George straightening his legs, confidence slowly spreading throughout his body as he straightened himself up.

The Brit's hand let go of mine and I lowered it down with my eyes still watching him worriedly. I moved closer to Niki, who seemed the more experienced cheerleader of the pair. "Would this be a good time for a photo?" I asked her, wanting at least one thing to hold over his head and tease him about.
She nodded, "I'd do it quickly though" she recommended, "he seems to be starting to get scared."

I nodded and stood back as I pulled my phone from my pocket and took a few quick photos, making sure to get all three of them in the photo.
I was about to signal for the girls to let him down but heard the door opening and an angry cheer coach marching into the room.
"What the hell is he doing up there?" She asked, glaring from me, to Niki, to Puffy and then finally to the brunette himself who started shaking profoundly.

Coach McAuley glared angrily at us and told us to get George down and have the cheerleaders report to her office and telling us to get out of the gym, then she marched out of the room.
By now it looked like George was going to fall towards so I moved under him with my arms spread wide as Niki and Puffy slowly lowered him down with solemn expressions.

Once George was close to the ground he lost his balance and fell into my arms, I held him there for a moment as he caught his breath and the cheerleaders waved a small goodbye each before heading out of the room towards McAuley's office.

"I'm never going more than a foot off the ground ever again. That was fucking terrifying." The brunette mumbled into my shirt as his fingers dug into my shoulders.
I probably would have made a smart comment at that but I just wanted out of this gym now. We hadn't even been in here for 10 minutes and we've already been kicked out.

When George's breath finally returned to normal we headed out into the main room of the gym and grabbed our stuff before heading out into the hallway and towards the front doors.
_________________________________________
1360 words.