Chapter 122: Christmas morning

More DNF Christmas fanart, perfect for using in mid July.

And thank you guys for 9k, all this attention I'm getting needs to fucking stop thank you, I do not deserve it.

Anyways, everyone wish my wife _r_iley_ a happy birthday. We did it this morning on discord but she lived in a different timezone so it was still a day early for her.

But it isn't now!
_________________________________________
Clay POV.

Jingle bells, Wilbur smells

He hurt my Future husband

Zak and Nick were a pair of dicks

But their boyfriends changed their ways

HEY!

I woke up and George was still asleep in my arms. 'His all-nighter clearly is going well' I thought to myself. The fire had gone out so I climbed out of bed to add some more wood and relight it, feeling the cold Wintery air envelope me as I stepped away from the bed piled high with pillows and blankets.

After doing that I went downstairs to make both of us hot drinks. A chef was already working on a Christmas lunch and we wished eachother a 'Merry Christmas' as I went past him and started making me and George a hot drink.

Honestly I'd spent a lot of time this holiday improving my hot chocolate making skills, and today was just incredible looking.
Both cups of the drink were hot (as all good hot chocolate's should be) with 2 white marshmallows floating around each and both covered with whipped cream, chocolate curls and crushed up candy canes.

I put both drinks on a tray and carried it back upstairs to the bedroom. George was still asleep so I just sat one of the two drinks on the bedside table on his side of the bed and took the other cup and sat on the other side of the bed.

The drink was too hot to drink straight away so I laid back down beside George and felt him stir a bit and roll over to be closer to me.
After a few minutes when the drink cooled down again, my hand moved to rest on the Brit's back and shook it slightly to wake him up.

He woke up and sat up with a groan. "Why are you waking me up early Clay?" George asked me.
"Because it's 11am and I made you a hot chocolate." I explained.
George released an audible grumble but looked over to his cup and picked it up before taking a drink.

"Taste good?" I asked as I watched him. The brunette just hummed before taking another sip. When he sat the cup of hot chocolate down he looked over to me, "thanks for the drink... And Merry Christmas."
I leaned in and kissed his forehead, "Merry Christmas to you too."

After a few minutes of taking sips of our hot drinks George finished his and sat the empty cup back on the bedside table. "Can we open the presents now?" He asked, looking up at me eagerly like a little kid, and to be honest he pretty much is just a kid that I have to babysit 24/7 like a parent to babysitter.

"Fine, we can." See, something a parent would say to their kid at 5am on a Christmas morning.
The brunette eagerly climbed out of bed and over to the couch then sat down on it and looked back to me with an annoyed expression when he saw I hadn't moved.

I followed him over to the couch still sipping on my drink which had started cooling slightly. When I was beside him he stood up again and choose a random gift that I'd gotten him and looked over to me, silently asking which one I wanted to open first.
"Grab whichever one you want for me Georgie."

With a quick nod George looked at the gifts he'd gotten for me before grabbing one. He moved back to beside me and sat down, passing me a gift in purple wrapping paper.
"Who's gift should we open first?" The brunette asked me.

"Depends..."
George raised an eyebrow, "depends on what?"
Without replying I just gave a nod upwards. He looked up and let out a quick chuckle when he saw the piece of mistletoe being held between my finger and thumb over his head.

George kissed me on the lips before reaching up and grabbing the mistletoe from my hand and pocketing it, "I don't want you to wear it out Pillow." He explained.
"How about open yours first Georgie?" I suggested and he nodded.

I watched as he ripped back the paper and smiled as he pulled out three hoodies. The first was black with a smiley face, similar to my green one but in a different colour, the next was like his blue t-shirt with the red and white rectangles but a lighter blue and the third was (insert cool hoodie design because my brain is no longer working).

He smiled at them and looked up at me giving me a thank you then George looked over at me asking me to open his gift. I pulled back the wrapping paper and saw a familiar looking box with the candy cove logo on it.
So I had seen him at the mall the day I hung out with Nick and Zak.

I opened the box and looked over the candy inside before pulling out a bag of gummy bears. After I opened the bag I offered some to George before eating some myself.
Then I put the box to the side and over to George again. "You want me to grab the next 2 gifts George?" I asked the brunette and he nodded.

So I walked over to the tree and grabbed 2 more gifts, one with the classic red and green wrapping paper addressed to George and one in a bag addressed to me. I brought them both back to the couch and returned to my spot.

"Who should open the next gift?" I asked him.
"Don't know, but Clay could you close your eyes for a moment?" George questioned.
I gave him a nod before closing my eyes and a few seconds later he told me to look up and open them.

I did and saw that he was now holding the mistletoe above my head. With a small chuckle I pulled him onto my lap and planted a kiss onto his cheek which made it turn red as he flushed in embarrassment.
"You need to get something original George." I informed him only for him to respond with, "you know you love it."
With a shrug of my shoulders I replied with 'true'.

Then George decided to open his present and did, I had gotten him a framed picture of the two of us from when we went to the beach last summer. Both of us took a moment looking over the picture before he gave me a small kiss thank you.

After that I pulled off the thin piece of tape which had been applied to keep the bag shut before opening it. Inside there was a blob pillow with a small body and a round head. It's only features were eyes and a mouth along with a pale pink blush that was almost invisible against the white fabric of the pillow.

The moment I turned it over to examine it George pulled the pillow into a tight hug, if it was alive any bones that would have been in its blob body would have been crushed in the vice-like grip the brunette held it in. I guess it's his pillow now to cuddle (totally not jealous).

And that's how it went on for a while, George and I would take turns to grab gifts for both of us then the other would find a way to use the mistletoe to kiss the other. Then we'd open the gifts and mess around with them for a bit.

Eventually we had made our way completely around the tree and just climbed onto the couch, cuddling and messing around with the stuff we got eachother.

After a while we heard a knock on the door and Mrs Davidson calling us down for Christmas lunch.
_________________________________________
1353 words.

I am so fucking lonely...