Chapter 20: recovery

Clay POV.

The Brit had fallen unconscious in my arms by the time I returned to the mansion. I rushed through the halls to the doctor's office and saw a man with a wiry beard sitting by a desk, once he saw the brunette's bleeding nose and the red mark appearing on his left kneecap from Zak's foot he instructed me to lay George down on the bed.

I stood watching the doctor as he swiftly began examining George's injuries and asking me what happened, which I explained to the best of my abilities. He moved around quickly, and I watched him from my spot leaning beside the door when Mr Davidson came in and signalled for me to follow him.

The man lead me upstairs to his office and I saw his wife sitting on a couch dabbing her eye with a tissue. Mr Davidson told me to sit down before asking me to describe what happened to his son.
I explained everything I knew about as he and his wife listened intently.

Once I was done Mr Davidson thanked me for helping his son, then his wife spoke."We simply can't go on the business trip if my poor Georgie is in this condition." She cried.
"No, no, no." Mr Davidson spoke, "we need to go away and it would only be for 2 weeks. Plus I trust Clay to look after George while we are gone."

My eyes widened, they were going away and trusted me to look after their son after he got beaten up and drunk when I was looking after him.
The couple discussed this and eventually agreed on leaving me in charge of their son. Then they told me they needed to go pack and get to the airport in a few hours so they didn't miss their flight, which surprised me cause I assumed they'd have a private jet to fly around on.

An hour had passed and George's parents had both left and so I returned to my spot against the wall in the doctor's office. The doctor was just finishing getting a form for some pain killers which he predicted the Brit might need.
But after a minute he turned to me and smiled, "the good news is Mr Davidson should be perfectly fine in a day or so, besides a few minor bruises. However, he needs to rest for a few days so you should look keep an eye on him. Would that be a problem?"

I shook my head politely, "shouldn't be a problem doctor."
"Good, then you could take him back to his room then."
"Ok, thank you."

Carefully, I lifted George up and carried him bridal style upstairs to his room. He groaned slightly in pain when I laid him down and I pulled a blanket up to his chin to keep him warm.

It was about lunch now so I went downstairs and got made sandwiches for both of us, 2 ham and cheese sandwiches each. Then I returned to beside the brunette and left his sandwiches for him before slouching on his couch and eating mine.

About 30 minutes later I heard a groan from the Brit and I stood up to check on him, his eyes opened weekly and looked up at me. "What happened? Why do I feel like shit?"
I gave him a sympathetic smile, "you took a bit of a beating earlier." His eyes widened in worry, "you should eat something." I told him, gesturing towards the sandwiches.

He sat up shakily and took one of the sandwiches. I watched as he investigated it as though it had been tampered with, "I swear it's not poisoned. I made it myself."
George gave me a little smile and took a small bite of the sandwich.
I sat beside the brunette and watched as he slowly ate his first sandwich. But then he refused the second, so I took it and ate it instead.

I watched as he ran his fingers through his hair before standing up. "Where are you going Georgie?" I asked him.
"I want a shower, I feel dirty after being pushed against city pavement and beaten."
I nodded in response, "that's a fair thing to want."

Before the Brit could get to far his legs buckled from the pain and he fell to the floor. I rushed to help him up and had him lean all his weight onto me. I supported his weight as we made our way into the bathroom, and I helped him sit on the toilet.
"You still want a shower?" I questioned, "seems like you have a bit of trouble standing right now."

George rolled his eyes at my comment, "I'm fine, it's just a one time thing." Despite saying that, the next time he stood he fell back down almost instantly.
"Uh-huh, one time thing." I sighed as I offered the Brit a hand up, which he swatted away.
"Still fine." He said through gritted teeth as he pulled himself up and leaned against the wall, wincing in pain slightly.

"Maybe showering is too hard for you right now." The Brit looked up at me annoyed as I said that. "Unless you want me to help you shower I suggest you head back to bed."
George nodded and I lifted him up, carrying him back into the main room and towards his bed.
"I can walk still, all I needed was a crutch, not a lift."

"You need rest George, and part of resting is not walking around." The brunette let out an annoyed groan as I lowered him onto the bed. His arms spread out on either side of him and he rolled his head to the side.
"Get some sleep George, I'll be next door if you need me."

I turned to walk out of the room, but stopped when I heard the Brit's strained, tired voice telling me to stay. "What was that Georgie?" I turned back to face him.

He took a deep breath, holding himself up with his elbows as he looked over to me, "please... stay. I-I want the company."
He looked embarrassed that he had said that but looked thankful when I turned back to the couch and sat down, watching the Brit get comfortable.

Soon after I watched as he fell back asleep, and felt myself smile as I looked over his tired figure. Despite it being so early in the day I soon felt myself drifting off as well.

This job has only lasted a week yet it feels like I have been here forever. If there was a type of job soulmate I think I have found it, but who the hell would have thought that it would be a bodyguard to a billionaire's son.
Still, there is nothing I would change about this knew life I have found myself in.
_________________________________________
1151 words