Chapter 130: a gift for Karl

4g0tmyname POV. (4th wall breaker)

I kept in mind the promise I made about getting something for Karl, to thank him for helping me too... escape. Not that he should get a gift since he went along with his boyfriend's idea of keeping me prisoner in the first place.

But still, I decided to get him something (someone) special. Especially after what  Nick probably did to Karl out of... Anger. Karl would probably be in a lot pain right now.

Karl POV.

The school holidays were over and we were all back at school for our last semester before graduation (sorry to all Americans if I got that wrong, I live in a different, better country 🇳🇿).

Nick, Zak, Darryl, myself and the soon to be Mr and Mr Smith (or Mr and Mr Davidson, or Mr and Mr Davidson-Smith. They haven't told us yet). All of us headed into the classroom and we all sat beside eachother in our regular seats.

Eventually the bell rang and all of us quietened down and looked over to the teacher, Mr Phallus as he walked into the room and smiled at the class as they settled down.

"Hello everyone, welcome back after you Winter break. I hope that you all had a good Christmas with your families and friends." As he said that I looked over to see Clay and George give eachother a glance as they both blushed.

The teacher continued, "...well before we do start back up with new school work we have got a new student from Mexico who moved here over the holidays."
He looked over to the door and beckoned for the new kid to come in.

A short boy with dark brown eyes, dark brown hair and a dark blue beanie came into the classroom and gave a nod hello to the class.
Mr Phallus looked to him for an introduction and so the boy spoke, "hey I'm Alex and I sell drugs."
Alex looked over to the teacher who raised an eyebrow at him, so Alex added a 'kidding' at the end.

Mr Phallus told Alex to sit down next to me and the student did. I glanced over to him and Alex's eyes drifted over to me and gave me a smirk which caused me to blush and look away.

Why did I blush, I have a boyfriend.

I sat through most of class ignoring Alex and managed to do the same through all my other classes up until lunch, because somehow Alex was in most of them.

The last class before lunch was with Mr Brown, and Clay and George were both there with me. Alex was also there... Just like every other class. It was like the school (or someone else) put him there to taunt me.

Finally the bell rang but before I left the classroom Clay and George walked over to Alex and asked if he wanted to sit with us for lunch. Of course they did.

Alex accepted eagerly and now we were all sitting around the table eating our lunches. Darryl, Zak, Clay and George were on one side of the table and as fate would have it, I sat between Alex and Nick.

After 10 minutes of us eating almost the entire group was gone besides me, Nick and Alex. Then suddenly Nick needed to go to the bathroom and the moment he left Alex turned to me.
I looked back at him and saw his smile, "you know you are quite cute Karl," he said with a smile which made my face flush red.

"Wha-" I didn't know what to say, Alex was also cute to and I had a strong urge to say it back, but I have a boyfriend. So I just replied with a thanks.
"Just wanted to say that to you Karl... It's true though."

I nodded a yes but stayed silent after that, although I still felt his eyes on me, watching my every movement and my face refused to return to its normal colour.

Thankfully though Nick came back and sat in his spot beside me again. His arm immediately wrapped around my shoulders. Alex watched us but didn't seem to care that I had a boyfriend.

Without giving an explanation I stood up and left the table as I told Nick that I'd be outside.

Nick POV.

I raised an eyebrow as Karl left before I turned to look at Alex, the new kid. He had been giving Karl dirty looks all through lunch, but I didn't say anything about it while Karl was here. He spoke up before I did.

"That boy... Karl. He's cute," Alex stated, (as though I didn't already know my boyfriend was cute).
The look in his eyes made it obvious that he knew that I was dating Karl and part of me admired the fact that he had the guts to say it in front of me.

"Yeah, he is cute. I know that for a fact." I replied, watching as Karl disappeared out of the cafeteria. I wanted to give Alex a hint, telling him to back off, but I also wanted to see what he'd do.

"Maybe I should ask him out on a date or something," Alex continued, this time talking to himself instead of to me. A large smirk was clearly visible on his face.

"He does have a boyfriend you know." I said, looking over to the Mexican with an eye raised.
"Oh I know." He gave a smile. "I was planning on having him come along... If you're interested..."

The audacity of this guy astounded me, but his boldness enticed me, and I won't deny that he isn't attractive...

I stood up and smirked at him, his eyes met mine and with a smirk I gave him a 'maybe' before turning and leaving to find Karl.

Karl POV.

Nick walked over to me and I was worried about what had happened to Alex... Why though?
"What happened?" I asked Nick as he sat down next to me on a wooden bench along the back wall of the school.

"Nothing really... Just had a... talk with Alex, he seems really nice though. The three of us should hang out sometime..." I worried for a moment before calming myself down.
He'll just want to do it as friends, I don't know why I thought of anything else.

Alex POV.

The entire day that Karl boy seemed to be everywhere, and he was undeniably cute, with his puffy light brown hair, bright round eyes and that smile of his. Then I found out he has a boyfriend, and I took a risk, a stupid risk that I shouldn't have taken but I did.

I have a certain ability to read people, and I could tell that Karl thought I was cute too, just by the way he looked at me, and Nick, Karl's boyfriend seemed to be thinking something similar.

After a very risky conversation with him I realised I was right.

Now I just need to thank 4g0tmyname for getting me transferred to this school.
_________________________________________
1187 words.