Chapter 86: insults

George POV.

It was about six thirty in the morning. I made sure that I woke up before the blond and I headed to my room and slid into the shower unnoticed.
After showering I headed back down the hall to Clay's room, but didn't enter. Carefully I pressed my ear against the door and listened for any sign that the blond was awake, gladly he wasn't.

I made my way downstairs, nodding occasionally at the people who walked past. Zak, Darryl and I planned on going out to breakfast and I sat by the window, looking out at the driveway until I saw them pull up. I ran out to them with a backpack slung over my shoulders and climbed into the back seat.

"Hey George." Zak said, making eye contact with me through the rear view mirror as he began driving towards the street.
Darryl however gave me more of a conversation, he turned slightly so his bright green (as an author I am finding it is a pain in the ass to write 'or maybe yellow' after every time George sees the colour green) eyes met with my brown ones.

"Hi George!" He greeted happily, "how are you?"
I smiled, "I'm good thanks Darryl."
The boy in the seat int front of me smiled, "that's great..." He paused for a moment, "how's Clay? I am so, so sorry that that poor muffin got drunk, I was really mad at Geppy when we got home."
"Oh... Clay's fine." I thought back to me leaving him home while he was asleep and still had a slight hangover.

The rest of the trip he and I talked while Zak drove in silence, until he pulled into a parking spot outside of a cafe. We headed inside and sat at a table continuing to talk until a waitress came over to take our order.

Zak and Darryl began talking again and I listened until my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked with worry as Clay's name and number flashed on the screen.
Both boys sitting opposite me glanced over as I declined the call and pocketed the phone, I brushed it off by saying 'must have been a wrong number' to the pair with a shrug.

Soon the food arrived and the conversation changed but all I could think about was the blond.

Clay POV.

I sat up and stretched, feeling better than I did last night as I looked around the dark room. George wasn't anywhere around, maybe he was in the shower, I thought to myself.

10 minutes, then 15 minutes and finally 25 minutes passed and still George wasn't back, he never normally takes this long.
Although every part of me wanted to stay in bed I climbed out and walked over to the bathroom door and knocked lightly, expecting to hear George reply. But all I was met with was silence.
I turned the handle, it was unlocked, and the bathroom's lights were all turned off.

I figured he may have just gone to shower in his own room, but then I went to check and he wasn't there either.
Where the hell is he?
I returned to my room and grabbed my phone, finding his name in my contacts and calling him. The phone rang a few times before telling me to leave a message. I sighed out in worry and tried once more.

Once again he didn't answer, and I'd been pacing back and forth along the length of my room. Then I remembered, yesterday George said he was going to go to school with Darryl and Zak.
Immediately I texted Zak, asking him to drop George back home.

After I pocketed my phone I sat down on the edge of the bed, Patches must have sensed my unease as she appeared by my side and laid down beside me. I kept running my hand along her back, hoping it would calm me but it didn't. I just kept hoping that Zak would drop George off soon.

George POV.

We had just arrived at school, and I noticed Zak's phone vibrate as he pulled it out of their pocket. He'd received a text from someone and I watched as he read the text.

"Hey George." Zak said as he glanced up, "Clay says that he's worried about you and that he wants me to give you a ride home" the ravenette spoke.
I turned to him and nodded, "yeah... Sure, I-I'll come home, I just need to go to the bathroom first" I explained before walking off, Zak just nodded as he and Darryl watched me disappear down the hall.

Why was I at school? I honestly didn't know. I hated most of my classes and it just feels really weird without the blond here with me.
But after he called me, even though I didn't answer, I felt like I needed to go home. I mean, he spent all of his time looking after me when I had a hangover several months ago, so I should do the same for him.

I turned the corner to the bathroom and began walking past the final stretch of lockers to the bathroom door. But I stopped when I heard a group of girls talking.
"Did you see Clay? He looked so cute at that party" a blond with a shrill voice asked her friends.
Beside her a girl with black ebony hair tied in a ponytail nodded, "he did look cute" she agreed, "I should really ask him out."

"Yeah. Honestly I would like to be with him, but I agree that you two would make a cute couple... Plus you could finally get him away from George" the girl added in a quieter voice so only the small group around here could hear what she said.
"As you should. That gay fag shouldn't just start kissing someone like that, and Clay defends him. Honestly, if Clay wasn't so nice that George would probably be dead by now."

"What would anyone, gay or straight, even see in George?" The blond asked her friend group, "he's short, ugly and has no friends besides the guy he practically started making out with in the gym. Then that pussy couldn't even show up for the damn dance afterwards. Pathetic."

I didn't listen to any more, I didn't want to listen. I turned around and began walking towards where Zak and Darryl were waiting, but I could still seem to hear every insult they muttered about me.

When I reached Darryl and Zak I didn't even bother looking at either of them, I just walked past the pair and mumbled something along the lines of 'lets go' to Zak. The ravenette turned to Darryl and told him they'd see eachother by the time class starts before following me to his car.

I didn't talk to Clay either when I arrived home, instead just heading into my room and shutting the door before sitting down against it so nobody could come in.

Believe me, Clay tried to come in several times, he asked for me to let him from through the door but I couldn't hear him.

All around me the only noises I could hear were the insults that had left those girls mouths. Before I knew what was happening I curled up into a ball and started crying.
_________________________________________
1239 words.