Chapter 79: reaccuring

George POV.

I sat up swiftly, dripping in sweat. I was laying in my bed, my head had been resting on Clay's chest as the blond slept underneath me. Well he did sleep, he sat up a second after I did. "What happened Georgie, are you okay?"

Immediately I shuffled away from him, before looking down over my body to see no bruises. I let out a small sigh of relief, it was just a bad dream.
Meanwhile, the blond stood watching me, "are you okay Georgie?" He asked me again, his voice was tired but still soft.
I gave a small nod and moved back over to him, "j-just a bad dream." I explained as he pulled me into a gentle hug and I allowed my body to practically go limp against him.

Clay slid back down with me on his chest under the covers and pulled a warm blanket over both of us. He asked me a question as he did this, "do you want to talk about it?"
I shrugged my shoulders, but slowly began explaining the nightmare, the blond listened quietly, rubbing circles on my back as he did.

When I was done he let out a small laugh, "that does sound like a nightmare. But it would definitely never be real because I would never let that happen to you, or anyone for that matter."
I hummed in acknowledgement, "I mean, you know that I am just a Pillow and that a pillow would never do that to their... Owner? Sleeper? Person? Is that the word?"
He watched as I let out a small giggle, "Owner is the right word Pillow." I said as I nuzzled against him and he chuckled as he ran his fingers through my hair.

Although I'd like to say I slept better after that I did not. I woke again 5 or 6 more times, each time the dream was always the same basic plot; a normal school day, Clay acting distant, heading off somewhere together, me getting beaten up, him leaving and me blacking out.
It was me just watching the same movie over and over again, and it never got easier as the night went on.

It was almost 7 in the morning, I'd woken up about half an hour prior and Clay comforted me before cradling me gently trying to help me go back to sleep for a little while, but I'd given up on doing that.

The blond however, did fall back asleep, I felt his grip loosen before his breathing flattened out slightly. I let out a sigh, giving up completely on going back to sleep after those strange dreams. Instead I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and googled 'dream decoder' on Google, trying to see if I could figure anything out.

Although what good would that do? Was I just supposed to search up 'best friend/boyfriend/bodyguard acting distant then lets you get beaten up by school bullies.'
I didn't think so.

I sighed and turned my phone back off, throwing it over to the edge of the bed as I settled back down against the sleeping blond.
One moment in my reaccuring dreams kept playing in my mind, clearer than all the other moments, "there's no point in me doing anything Georgie," the blond said, "they'll just keep coming back. I may just as well quit now."

He was right, the dream version of Clay was right. He may as well just quit because there is no point in doing anything since God decides it would be a great fucking party trick to just ruin my life. And that's what he is trying to do, clearly.

I felt a tear run down my cheek, it made it's way down to my chin before falling onto the bedsheet, leaving a small, dark, water mark below me (sounds like I'm describing a fucking hickey, but sadly I am not).
More tears quickly followed, and I rolled over so that my back was to Clay since I knew how guilty he'd feel if he woke up and saw me crying.

To silence my sad sniffles I buried my head into the bedsheets, paying attention as a wet patch from my tears Bagan pooling.
All I could think about was that one line, "there's no point in me doing anything Georgie, they'll just keep coming back. I may just as well quit now."

I curled myself up into a tighter ball as I felt my eyes turn slightly red, occasionally letting out a loud sob as I thought about reaccuring dreams over and over and over again.

Soon I felt a soft touch rubbing my back gently, I rolled over slightly to see Clay watching me with a saddened smile. "Georgie, what's wrong? Is it another dream?" The blond asked immediately, pulling me against his chest as he continued to rub small gentle circles over my back.
He let out a sad sigh when he watched me nod slightly.
"Is there anything I can do?" He asked, this time I shook my head.

The blond sat up and lifted me out of bed, holding me gently as he walked us out of my bedroom. "Where are we going?" I asked him groggily, struggling to keep my eyes awake.
"We are going back to bed, in my room George." Clay spoke, as he continued walking.
"But we have school soon." I replied as he laid me down on his bed, only for me to sit back up again a moment later.

The blond walked around to the other side of the bed and climbed in it, "you are too tired to go to school Georgie. You were awake almost 8 times last night, with probably only 3 or 4 hours of sleep. I am not letting you go to school like that."

I stayed sitting where I was, watching Clay silently, he saw me staring at him and told me to lie back down, which I did, only to have him pull me gently against him.
Immediately I felt myself growing tired, and found myself drifting off as he whispered sweet nothings, and promised that no matter what I dreamed about he would love me and look after me.
_________________________________________
1045 words.

This chapter was mainly just to say that everything mainly fine after the last chapter.