Chapter 123: Christmas presents

I have had a very productive day today. Watched 2 seasons of Brooklyn 99, built a castle in Minecraft read 3 Wattpad stories and I am now writing one.

Yay! Productive!

I also started to write this while sitting in my local movie theatre, eating a box of popcorn and waiting for the new Black Widow movie to start.

Update: it was a good movie. Watch it if you like Marvel. Watch it if you don't like Marvel. Watch it if you haven't heard of Marvel.

(Marvel please sponsor me)
_________________________________________
Clay POV.

Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock.

Wilbur can sing and Gogy's a king.

Mining and Crafting in a block game.

Loosing a Minecraft manhunt would be a shame.
_________________________________________
Damn I am getting better at these with every Christmas chapter.
________________________________________

Once George and I had finished opening presents we sat down on the couch and just cuddled, taking in eachother's warmth in the cold morning.

After a few minutes of this a knock came from over by the door and we heard Mrs Davidson calling us downstairs for Christmas lunch.

"Lunch already?" George complained as he lifted his head from where it sat against my chest when he heard his mother walk off. "I haven't even had anything to eat Christmas breakfast yet!"
"That's a lie," I corrected him, "you are some of my gummy bears... Actually..." I glanced into the bag, "...You ate all of the red gummy bears, and those are one of the best ones."

"Well maybe if you had woken me up earlier I would have had an actual breakfast, maybe even an apple or banana or something." The brunette said as he climbed off of me and the couch.
I gave a playful smirk as I responded. "Well maybe if you actually went to bed without trying to do an all-nighter you wouldn't have needed me to wake you up."

George simply gave me a frustrated look and a disgruntled sigh as I climbed off of the couch. Before I started walking to the door I remembered I was wearing the shirt that George got for me that I opened last night.
The one that said 'hello my name is Pillow' on one side and 'I am George's Pillow' on the other.

The shirt was adorable but honestly kind of cringe and embarrassing and I didn't want Mr and Mrs Davidson to see me in this shirt. So I pulled it over my head and walked over to the closet and grabbed a different shirt over my head, followed by a hoodie as I walked back out to George.

The gifts that both of us had gotten Mr and Mrs Davidson were sitting downstairs under a tree in the living room. We headed down there to where Mr and Mrs Davidson were waiting in the living room on the couch with George grumbling about not having eaten a proper breakfast the entire time.

We walked into the living room and George's parents were sitting beside eachother on one of the several couches. "Merry Christmas you two!" Mr Davidson greeted warmly as he saw us walk into the room.

Both of us responded with a 'Merry Christmas' as George walked over to one of the couches and sat down. I decided to annoy him and went over to the other couch and sat down. He gave me a look which told me I succeeded in annoying him before I gave a smile, acting oblivious as to why he was mad.

"What's wrong Georgie? Why do you look annoyed?" I asked in a relatively innocent sounding voice.
Without bothering to respond he just moved over to me and sat back down beside me, mumbling for me to 'stay'.

Mr and Mrs Davidson chuckled at us before Mrs Davidson spoke up, "are you two ready for presents?"
"Yeah, sure." George said with a wide smile as he leaned further against my shoulder.

He stood up and walked over to the large tree towering over everything else in the middle of the room. George grabbed 2 gifts both addressed to his parents and handed one to each of them.

"Aww Georgie this is so nice, thank you." Mrs Davidson smiled at her son as she began opening the gift sitting on her lap.
They both opened their presents and thanked George who had given them both a different photo of the 3 of them followed by some ear rings for his mother and a funny tie for his father.

After that I gave them the giant box of candy I got them from Candy cove and handed it to Me Davidson. After living with them for a few months I discovered that all three of the Davidson's have a sweet tooth and Mr and Mrs Davidson both seemed eager to get the candy.

"Thank you Clay," Mr Davidson smiled as he opened the box and stuck a gummy in his mouth, "this is one of the best gifts I've gotten from someone outside my family."
He said with a smile as Mrs Davidson grabbed a piece of liquorice from the box and ate it.

Then she stood up, still eating the liquorice and walked over to the tree where she grabbed 2 gifts and came back over to us. Both gifts were wrapped in different coloured paper with George's being a shiny blue and mine being a shiny green, but neither had any patterns on them.

I looked over to George who was opening his first, and it was a picture in a golden frame of him and I. Underneath sat a box with a camera in it, he looked up to his parents and thanked them again.

"I've wanted one of these for ages," he said with a smile as he turned it on and looked through the lens.
"Then why didn't you tell me? I could have gotten you one?" I asked with a joking tone as the brunette continued to examine his new camera and took a few experimental photos.
"Because you spent $250 dollars on gifts for me," he replied through gritted teeth as he turned the camera off and returned it to it's box.

Then he looked over to me and I unwrapped my gift, inside was a simple black t-shirt, but as I unfolded it I saw it read 'Worlds best son-in-law!' I looked up to Me and Mrs Davidson and gave them a thanks as George read what the shirt said.

"Mum, Dad, you shouldn't get him these things it's embarrassing!"
Mrs Davidson looked over to her son, "well Clay doesn't seem embarrassed by it."
"I was talking about embarrassing for me."

Mrs Davidson and her husband both let out a lighthearted laugh as George continued. "Besides, Clay isn't even your son-in-law and probably won't be for a very long time..."

As George said that I felt Mr Davidson's eyes move over to look at me, both of us knowing that I was planning to propose to his son any day now.

Fuck! I couldn't stop myself.

I looked over to George. "Actually..."
_________________________________________
1192 words.