Chapter 113: all 4 parents

Clay POV.

I could practically feel George's worry radiating off of him as we heard his parents walking into the house.
They already knew that my parents were coming obviously but I just hoped they had gotten the text from George saying to pretend the we weren't dating.

Mrs Davidson was the most likely to spill the beans about it so I planned to try and find ways to stop her from talking about us and I could tell George was planning the same.

The pair came into the dining room and Mrs Davidson almost let out a squeal of excitement when she saw both of my parents, who had both stood up to shake hands.

"You must be Clay's parents." Mr Davidson said with a smile as he shook hands with first my mother then my father, "it is a pleasure to meet you both."
"The pleasure is all mine Mr Davidson," my father responded.
George's father let out a laugh, "please just call me Richard, Mr Davidson sounds too formal."
"Yes, and call me Ashley," his wife added as she shook my parents hands.

"I am Paul and this is my wife Marissa," my father introduced as he let go of Me Davidson's grip.
"We are sorry that we took so long," Mrs Davidson smiled as food was brought to their regular spots, "the traffic was terrible."
Her husband hummed in agreement as he began eating.

Both George and I were nervous, listening quietly to our parents conversations to see if we should jump in to save our gay asses from being caught.

George however, was much more worried than I was, and my hand slid over under the table to rest on his leg as I squeezed it reassuringly where my parents couldn't see. The brunette's eyes widened slightly and he looked down to see my hand but I kept my eyes on my parents, refusing to do anything that may give away our game.

However, I did look down when I felt George's hand rest on top of mine, his fingers interlocking with mine but neither of us looking at eachother.

"It's so nice that you both let my son live with you." My father repeated the same thing my mother had said to George earlier.
"Thank you, he is a good hard worker and an even better friend to George." Both George and I let out a small sigh in relief when Mr Davidson didn't say boyfriend.

I gave a nod as thanks as the conversation continued as George's parents ate their way through dinner before following up that meal with some dessert.

"So... I am curious... What does Clay do for a job exactly?" My mother asked as she ate a mouthful of the dessert and looked at my parents. She was completely ignoring her own son who could easily answer the question about his own job.

"He was hired as George's bodyguard back when George was bullied, but now the two are boyfr-"
"Best friend!" I cut her off, all four of the adults looked over to me. "Sorry for interrupting, but I really like telling this story."

I could tell George was relieved as I began speaking. "In the first couple days George hated me, he was convinced that he didn't need a bodyguard. Less than a week later I became his best friend, isn't that right George?"
"You became my only friend." George corrected.
"That doesn't make it sound any better Georgie."

Fuck.
My parents looked over to me both with an eyebrow raised, "why did you just call him Georgie?" My father asked.
(His father thought it must of been kinda GÆ ).

"Well Clay and I have these jokey names for eachother, he calls me Georgie, because my girlfriend calls me that all the time at school," the brunette jumped in, "his girlfriend calls him her... pillow, all of the time, doesn't she Clay?"
I raised my hand to my mouth to suppress a chuckle, tears of laughter were forming around my eyes despite the situation. "Mhm, it's soo embarrassing."

Both Mr and Mrs Davidson seemed confused but didn't say anything about it. "Well Clay," my father spoke, and I sat up straighter as he said my name "is this a good job?"
"Yeah, it's a great job... I love working here, and the people..." I glanced at the brunette, "...Who I live and work here with."

"That's nice, but what I meant was how much do you earn? Is it a good paying job or not?"
I could tell that now George's parents were uncomfortable and with each passing second George seemed to start feeling worse and worse.
"It's-uhh quite well paying, around two and a half to three thousand a week."

"That's good to know Clay, I am proud of you."
We didn't talk too much more as we finished off the dessert and then I stood up and smiled and looked to my parents.
"Would you two like to go watch a movie in the cinema or go swimming in the indoor pool?"

"You have an indoor pool? And a cinema? Wow I didn't know this place is so fancy." My mother stood up and looked to George's parents.
George's father gave a smile as he took a dip of his water, "it took a lot of work to get here."

"Do you want to go watch a movie mum?" I asked, looking at my mother with one of those expressions that was a smile but showed you were either dead inside or ready to murder the person in front of me, and I currently wanted to do both.

"Oh yes sure, but only if it's a romantic comedy," she turned to look at Mrs Davidson. "Romantic comedies are my favourite," she explained, god she could be annoying some times.
I gave a sigh but smiled, "of course it's going to be a romantic comedy mum."

George POV.

Is it considered rude wanting to punch my boyfriend's two homophobic parents?
I will probably have to google that later, I decided as Clay and I lead them into the home cinema.

They sat down in the middle of the cinema, right beside eachother as the blond set up a romantic comedy movie, my parents both enjoyed the same movie genre and sat down on the other side of the cinema holding hands.

When Clay had finished setting a film up he sat down as close to me as he dared, which was in the same row with 2 chairs between us. The movie started and we all watched in near silence, that was until one particular scene came on...

The scene started with a pair of men talking to eachother in a coffee shop, sitting opposite eachother on a cold winters morning right by the window as they sat at the small, round, wooden table.
Then one said I love you, the other after a brief pause said it back.
Next came a close up with them kissing and that was too far for the blond's parents.

Both of them began shouting objections at the screen about how it was 'unnatural' and 'ruining this great country.'
I admit that I jumped slightly seeing as they were almost directly behind me, and this is when my parents got mad.

"What the hell do you mean being gay is unnatural?" My dad asked, standing and clenching his fists as anger danced in his voice.
"It just is. Humans are meant to be the apex species on this planet and we can't do that if we are too busy fucking the same gender."

Beside me I saw Clay looking down with eyes wide in worry, and I reached my hand over to grab his and squeeze it reassuringly.
Both of our parents were yelling back and forth at eachother as the movie played in the background.

"So what you are saying that you hate all people who are gay?" My mother said rhetorically .
"Yes!" Paul replied, "and every other weird little subspecies of it, bisexual, lesbian, pansexual, all of it will just get you sent to hell!"

"Even your own son?" The words left my mother's mouth before any of us could do anything about it.
Clay's parents turned from facing my mum and dad to facing the blond and myself, looking ready to kill.

I took a deep breath and moved closer to Clay.
_________________________________________
1407 words.

Just in case I offended any members of the LGBTQ+ by having Dream's parents say those things.
I am sorry.