Chapter 118: gift shopping (Clay)

Yes, 2 chapters. But before this chapter starts:

Would you rather (cause why not?)

Kill Clay's parents, but then George's parents and every other character you like in this book hates you.

Or

Get adopted by George's parents (cause apparently you all want that) but you see Clay's parents once a day and can't be mean to them.

Please tell me what you'd choose and argue about it in the comments right here:
_________________________________________
Clay POV.

The indoor pool got boring for Zak, Nick and I less than 10 minutes after George, Darryl and Karl left. I hated being away from George because I was worried that he'd get hurt, or that he'd damage my Ferrari.

I looked over to Nick and Zak and suggested we go for a drive which they agreed to since we had nothing better to do. We headed outside to Nick's truck and I managed to convince him to let me drive.

There were plenty of malls in the area and I decided I should probably go get George a Christmas present, seeing as I didn't have any time apart from him recently so I had no opportunities to buy him any.

I decided to take them to the Shop-n-Shit mall, and pulled into a spot that a car had just left right by the main entrance of the mall. "Clay... Why are we here?" Zak asked from the backseat.
"Need to buy George Christmas presents, figured you two could be my consultants to help choose something decent... If you don't mind." I explained as I slid out of the drivers seat.

"Do we really have to go shopping here?" Nick questioned.
"Yeah, it's the biggest one in the area, but if you guys don't want to help me choose a gift then you can go buy some for Karl and Darryl."

"I've already brought Darryl a few gifts," Zak replied as we walked into the mall.
"Same for Karl... You haven't brought George something Clay?"
"Uhh-no." My face flushed red as I said it, seeing as I was usually the organised person in the group.

"Not surprised," the ravenette spoke nonchalantly, "you and him are practically joined at the hip."
Nick smirked at Zak, "I think you meant joined at the dic-" he was cut off when Zak elbowed him in the ribs.

"We are what you said... What Zak said not you Nick. But I also wanted to get a gift for George's parents after they stuck up for me last night especially." I rubbed the back of my head sheepishly as I spoke.
"Pretty sure they'd want a giant photo of you and George kissing to put on their wall." Nick spoke coyly.
"That or grandkids," Zak agreed.

I sighed at them both as I looked through shop windows. They'd keep pointing at stuff, saying it would be cool for me to get George or for me to get Mr and Mrs Davidson.
We decided to look around the first floor and work our way up, looking at all the shops as we passed.

Nick POV.

Clay, Zak and I walked around blindly for a few minutes before the blond suggested we go upstairs and buy them both something at Build-A-Bear, but before we could even reach the escalator closest to us my phone rang.

My two friends decided to wait down here while I answered the phone and immediately I was met with yelling in my ear. "What are you doing here Nick!!! I thought we decided that we'd take George to go gift shopping and you'd babysit the emotionally distraught Clay back at his house!!"

"I didn't even get a say in this Karl," I defended myself, "Clay didn't tell us where we were going until we got here and he didn't listen to either of us when we told him that we should go somewhere else."
"Did you actually try?" Karl asked, speaking through gritted teeth and sounding as though he was part of a life or death mission.
"Yes, course I did."
"DID YOU TRY HARDER????"

When he yelled this time I even pulled the phone away from my ear to try and make the noise quieter, thankfully Clay wasn't in earshot and had begun walking towards another shop downstairs.
"Look Karl, I'll try and keep an eye out for you, Darryl and George and stay out of your way okay?"

I hung up before he could respond since I didn't fancy him yelling again and me ending up going deaf.

Zak POV.

I began walking with Clay, but started internally panicking when he started walking towards a candy shop with a tacky rainbow logo reading 'Candy Cove.'
Inside the window of the shop I could see 3 figures, 2 standing at the shops counter and a third walking over to them and immediately tried to distract him, not wanting him to see his boyfriend.

"Clay, I think I have an idea for something we could buy George, it's upstairs." I said as I grabbed his arm and tried pulling him towards the escalator.
"Just a minute Zak, I just thought I saw..." He trailed off before finishing that sentence as he started walking back into the candy shop.

Thankfully, Nick came over (personally thought I'd never say that, ever) and grabbed Clay's attention. "Sorry guys, Karl just called to ask about... sex tonight."
I raised an eyebrow at him, surely Nick would have figured this was a shitty excuse.

Nevermind, Clay brought it, "that sounds... Interesting Nick."
Now that two of us were here and had caught the blonds attention we managed to get him away from the candy store.

He lead us up to a clothing store on the second floor and looked through the window. "Maybe I should get George some hoodies," the blond thought out loud, "maybe then he will stop stealing mine."
"Not gonna happen Clay," Nick replied instantly.
Clay turned to him "Why not?"

"It is scientifically proven that bottoms prefer clothes, mainly hoodies, that they steal from the top over any of their own clothes. He will take your clothes even if you brought him enough clothes for the rest of his life." Nick explained before letting out a chuckle.

The blond sighed but agreed nonetheless, "yeah you are definitely right Nick, but it's the thought that counts right?"
"I guess."

So Clay went inside the shop and brought a couple hoodies and shirts in George's size while Nick and I casually wandered over to the woman's section and discussed what skirts would look best on Karl and Darryl.

After that we began making our way through different shops and buying different things. Clay felt it was necessary to spoil George with gifts and had probably spent over 300 dollars before we were off the third floor so we had to confiscate his card so he couldn't buy anything.

Once we finally made to the first floor we finally returned the blond's card and went to the candy store that Clay had wanted to go to.
He hadn't found anything for George's parents yet so he decided to get George a 20 dollar gift box and George's parents a 50 dollar gift box which was almost 3 times the size. Nick and I eventually decided to buy gift boxes for Darryl and Karl as well.

Just as we were heading out of the mall to leave we passed a jewelry store and I saw something catch the blond's eyes. He walked over to a display case and I watched him look at the small jewelry, taking in every small detail.

"Surely you have brought George enough Christmas presents," Nick said as he looked at what Clay was staring at from over his shoulder.
"This isn't for Christmas... I've wanted to do something but... I don't know didn't think it was time until now."

"Then are you going to buy it?" I asked him.
"I don't know... Should I?" He honestly looked worried as he met my eyes, worried that he was making a mistake by buying it, or if he was making a mistake by not buying it.
I looked from the small object to him before nodding, "I think that you should."

Without asking for Nick's opinion Clay ran into the store to go buy the silver ring.
_________________________________________
1393 words.