Chapter 62: the mystery girl.

George POV.

Mr Phallus walked into the classroom and quickly read out the class roll before scanning over all of our faces slowly. "So class..." He began, "I think a lot of you may know but there is going to be a school dance at the beginning of next month. And that's what I am going to be talking to you about first."

At the mention of the dance I noticed half of the girls in the class glance over to look eagerly at the blond.
I let out a sigh of annoyance, you'd honestly expect them to have given up by now right?

I diverted my eyes back to the teacher as he explained about the dance.
"It will be on the 3rd Friday of next month and all students are required to attend." He stated and almost all of the boys in the class all groaned in annoyance.
"Food and drinks will be sold and the school will bring prizes to the best dancers and best dressed which can be voted on by students."

He then went on about other things, mainly about what would happen if we skipped and then took questions from my classmates.

Me and the three boys on either side of me stopped paying attention. All of us were secretly thinking the same things, should we go to the dance with eachother as couples?
I mean we all wanted to. But we didn't want everyone to see us yet. Luckily since the dance was on the 3rd Friday of next month that gave us about 5 weeks to decide.

Mr Phallus then told everyone that if they wanted to ask someone to the dance the school shop will be selling cards and chocolates and other small gifts (most of which were edible) which can be delivered to a certain persons class.

Guess Clay will have enough food to feed himself for the next 2 months or so.

Time skip

The four of us were at our spot, sitting on the deck by the sports shed, all just joking around being our immature selves as usual when some girls walked up to us, or more accurately Clay.

"Clay, we have a question." A redhead, slightly taller than the rest of her group spoke.
The blond glanced up at them and gave a smirk, "sure go ahead, what's your question?"
"Can you tell us more about the mystery girl that you want to take to the dance?" A short girl with her hazelnut coloured hair tied back in a ponytail asked.

The blond looked around at the four of us at the table, his eyes lingering on mine the longest before he turned back to the girls. "I would... But that would ruin the suprise. You might just have to wait and see." He responded.

All four of us assumed that the girls would have left after Clay said that but they waited a moment, "do you know who the mystery girl is?" The redhead asked, pointing as Zak. The ravenette nodded his head in response.
"What about you?" She continued, this time while looking at Darryl who also nodded.
Finally she turned to me, "how about you then?"
I suppressed a laugh, "yes. I know who Clay likes."

The girl group looked slightly annoyed and turned away, we all felt they were probably going to try and get us to tell them when we were separated.
"Oh Clay. Are you going to go to the dance with me, I am soooo pretty." Zak began to joke in a high pitched girly voice which sent the table into a fit of laughter.
"It would be my greatest honour Zak." The blond replied, taking the ravenette's hand and pretending to plant a kiss on it.

Darryl and me made eye contact and both simultaneously rolled our eyes, "well would you like to go to the dance with me then Darryl? Seeing as Zak and Clay are already going together." I asked the green-eyed boy who was sitting opposite me.
"I would love to go with a handsome muffin like you George." He replied with a giggle.

Zak instantly wrapped his arm around Darryl's shoulder, "back off George he's mine." He said protectively.
"Well I could say the same to you. My Pillow, my property."
The blond laughed and kissed my cheek before descending into a whisper so only I could here. "I think... If anything it's the other way around. You're my property Georgie." He said with a smirk, before leaning back and enjoying my flustered expression.

Fast forward an hour or so and we were not as happy as we were now. All the girls in our year had become obsessed with discovering who Clay liked. Even some boys got interested in trying to chase us down and question us.

In every class they would ask us question about this mystery girl most of which we didn't answer.

"What year is she in?"

"Is she a cheerleader?"

"How old is she?"

"What colour is her hair?"

All of us tried not to answer their questions, but it was difficult to ignore them when they kept questioning and passing notes. All of us wanted to punch them, they were so desperate, hoping that they were the one Clay loved and it was pathetic. 

Why couldn't they just stay away from us, practically everyone else on the planet would have noticed that the blond wasn't interested in them, and that if he was he would have told him. It's almost as if these girls were of a different species, one that thrived off of make-up, beauty, social media, and attention from hot boys. God, I am finally admitting  he's hot? No. He's not. Just remember my motto, Clay=Pillow=Blob=not pretty, ugly.

 Another girl who sat in the row behind me leaned forward to ask a question. She had black hair with dark eyes, tanned skin and freckles dusted over her chin and nose. "Hey George," she leaned close so it was practically her just mouthing barely audible words.
I responded with an 'mhm' noise and turned back to look at her, I already knew what she was probably going to ask.
"Do you know what Clay's crushes favourite food is?"
Favourite food? damn these questions were getting weirder.
"No I don't, sorry." I replied, although I obviously knew what my own favourite food was.

I sighed and turned back to my worksheet.
Clay letting everyone know he liked someone is going to end up being the death of me.
_________________________________________
1095 words.