Chapter 120: the proposal

I was bored when I wrote this chapter but I uploaded it for tonight's chapter because know how much everyone would love it.

Also, watching Dream's newest manhunt during this and a show where a woman who gambled her husband away and anti-anxiety pills.
_________________________________________
Clay POV.

Over the next week and a bit leading up to Christmas I tried to find an opportunity to propose to George, but nothing that happened seemed right.

My uncreative ass could only come up with a short list of places where I could propose to the brunette and those places were.

1)  Carnival.
The carnival was crowded and as each day passed more people were going there than the day before. It didn't feel special enough. I mean it would be cool to propose on top of the Ferris wheel but what if I dropped the ring.

2) Beach.
This seems like one of the best options that I could come up with. But I feel like the answer to this option was obvious since it is fucking winter and freezing as hell... Or not hell since that's on fire.

3) Movies.
Absolutely not. What would be the best time in the movie to do this? At the start and have to sit in the moment for the rest of the film, at the end and have to try and focus and find the right time to do it. There are also way to many horny teens there and I am the only horny person George should be around.

4)  A restaurant.
It's really fancy but I know that George doesn't like to be the centre of attention and in the middle of a restaurant where lots of couples be he is bound to be one of the only things people will be looking at. Plus, they may all be homophobic, or may clap like they do in movies all the time.

It was a few days till Christmas Eve and George was still asleep in my arms. I ran my hands through his hair and sat up. For the first time in ages I got out of bed without him, and made my way downstairs.

Mr Davidson was sitting at the large dining table like he was most mornings, drinking a coffee and reading the newspaper. I sat down without saying anything and grabbed a glass of water which I began drinking.

He looked up at me and gave a smile, "morning Clay. Honestly I'm surprised to see you up this early and without George."
I quipped a remark as I took another sip of my drink. "Yeah... It is an unusual sight."

Mr Davidson hummed in agreement as he put his newspaper down, "and what is the cause of this unusual sight? Did George kick you out of the bed because his mother does that to me all the of time. Ashley's father told me it runs in her side of the family, probably should worn you."

I let out a laugh but shook my head, "actually I wanted to ask you a question."
Mr Davidson gave me  quizzical look, "what's your question?"
I took a moment trying to figure out what to ask, this felt so awkward but I took a deep breath... Here I go...

"How should I... Propose to George?" I asked, refusing to make eye contact as my hand disappeared into my pocket where the box with the ring was still waiting for the right time to be given to the Brit.
"You... Want... To propose... To... My son?" Mr Davidson asked with lots of brief pauses during the sentence.

I gave a nod and he exhaled, before bringing his eyes to meet mine. "You do know what Ashley would say if she heard you asking me this right?" He asked.
"Uhh- that we need to let her be the wedding planner?" I guessed.
"No... Well yes but she'd be mad that you didn't ask her. Do you have any ideas for how to do it?" Mr Davidson asked, leaning forward on his chair slightly.

"Kind of, but once I thought them out I realised they probably aren't the best... Do you have any ideas?"
"Not really, it took me ages to decide how to propose to Ashley... But you don't want to hear about that."
I sat up straighter (gayer) and responded with a, 'yes I do.'
"Okay then."