Chapter 5: bullies

George POV.

Clay began leading me back to the cafeteria where our food still sat, however when we walked in the blond was instantly surrounded by some footballers who pushed me out of the way and too the floor. They surrounded him as he tried to help me up, but they stood between us. "Hey blondie, you must be new here right?" A tall muscly one asked.
"Right," Clay growled in response, still trying to get past them and help me up.

The footballers seemed oblivious to the fact the blond was trying to reach me and they took a step towards him. Clay instinctively moved back and looked ready to fight them. "Well we were wondering if you'd be interested in joining the football team. You have the right build for it." A brunette offered.
"I'll pass, thanks" the blond took a step foward and pushed past them before helping me up.

We started walking back towards the table when another sports team blocked us, basketballers. Alsmost as bad as footballers. "Who the fuck wants to play football?" One asked staring down the other team. He was tall and well-built, and he was starting to grow a beard too.

You could cut through the tension between the 2 teams, it was so thick. Clay was stuck in the middle and looked uncomfortable as the groups both tried to convince him to come play sports with them. I shot him a look of pity and was about to speak up when the fucking baseball team got involved. None of these sports are even played at this time of year! They pushed me out of the way as the 3 teams started circling around Clay.

I turned quietly and left the cafeteria, I just wanted to be left alone. Just me and... and maybe Clay, he wasn't that bad to talk too but I still didn't like him. But I did feel bad for him, and for leaving him. Oh well, I'll see him in PE for the next period.

When I'd left I assumed I was going to be left alone, returning to the 3rd floor where I could read my book in peace. However, that would not be happening.

My 3 bullies, all of whom were a year older then me had followed me into the hall. I'd just climed the stairs to the second floor when I was tackled from behind. "Hey George. Fancy seeing you up here." The sly voice of the oldest cooed, I glanced back too see the smirking face of Wilbur pinning me down.

Wilbur is a suck up, acting like a stray kitten in front of the teachers who would all claim he's a perfect 'lost little lamb.' He had great grades and was usually quiet in all his classes, but outside of class he was extremely threatening, teachers always believed him so he could spit the most nonsense lies and they'd punish you for it.

"Piss off, all 3 of you." I hissed as I struggled against the tall brit. Wilbur sat up and for a second I had a flicker of hope, would he actually leave me alone? In an instant he forced me up and against a locker, the cold metal hurting as my bruised back was pushed against it. Guess not.

Wilbur slid too the side as his friend Zak pushed me further back into the locker, hard enough to leave a dent in the metal. "You have any money on you today Georgie? I want one of those soda's they only have in the staff room, but they cost money." Without waiting for a response his hand ripped my wallet from my pocket.

Zak and Wilbur act like polar opposites in class. He is always loud and distracting but the teachers don't complain because he does so well in tests. By which I mean forcing the smart kids to write his name on their tests and hand it in under his name. The teachers are so oblivious too this.

Finally the leader of this trio stood foward, Nick. He only comes to school to bully other students, his parents own a flash company like mine and he sees no need to get his own job for the future. Apparently Nick has been to juvy 2 or 3 times for stealing and elder abuse and he claims to have broken out every time. Nobody believes him but staying out of his way and not asking is a good way to survive a year.

"So George, you wanna fuck the new kid, Clay it seems." Nick teased as Zak let out a harsh laugh.
"Fucking homo!" Wilbur joined Zak in laughter as he punched me in the ribs causing me to bend over in pain.
"I... don't wanna... fuck... him" every word that I muttered seemed to suck the last of my oxygen out of my lungs.
"What about me then gay boy? Wanna fuck me?" Nick asked harshly.
"Never" I hissed as another fist hit my ribs.
"Pity gay boy. Now I'm going to have to damage your pretty face. Hopefully your blond boyfriend will like kissing a gargoyle." Zak smirked.

Without a warning the trio began throwing punches at their personal punching bag. Me. I was used to it and knew that I couldn't do anything, but where was Clay? The one time I fucking need him around he is off signing up for school sports.

Zak had grown bored of beating the shit out of me and decided it would be more fun too make confetti, tearing pages out of my book and throwing the teared up paper over my head. These 3 are fucking psychos. I was starting to feel numb as Nick threw his hand at my nose causing blood to start trickling down my face. In a minute they'll get bored or I will pass out. 60 seconds

59...

58...

57...

"Stop assholes! Get off him!" I saw the blurry figure of Clay pulling Nick and Wilbur back and sending the pair, as well as Zak, running down the hall.

My legs practically gave out as I slid down onto the floor, and I only acknowledged the blonde's presence when he was kneeing in front of me. "Holy shit." I heard him mumble as his eyes traced my bruised body. " I'm sorry. I should of helped sooner George, I saw them following you but those sporty dickheads wouldn't let me leave." Clay felt as though it was his fault, it wasn't but I felt good not needing to blame myself for being beaten up.

"Yeah you should have helped sooner." My tone was cold and I shifted my eyes away from him. I don't want to be mean to him, he did his job and protected me. If anything it was my fault, I did run off from him.

Clay stood up and sighed before reaching down and pulling me up. His arm grabbed mine and he supported me as he led me downstairs towards the nurses office. As we walked my eyes stayed focus on him, it felt nice havibg him to protect me, to make sure I was safe. And it felt nice too finally have a friend.

"Oh my god Clay is such a hero!" I heard a woman screaming, distracting me from my thoughts. Down the hall, right by the stairs his fan girls were waiting. Hearts in their eyes as they watched the blond help me towards the nurses office.

"He saved that boy from those bullies!"

"Clay took them out easily, how brave of him!"

"Clay you are so strong and brave!"

Those hoes reminded me that Clay was just doing this as a job. Once I am with the nurse he'll return to his fan club and probably listen as they write and sing a song about his Greatness. After they saw him save me I'll probably be expected to sing a damn solo for him, I bet he'll find that entertaining.

God he is the worst.
_________________________________________
1338 words.