Chapter 71: Return of the Blade

George POV.

They all knew what happened, of course they did. All of the sports players gave me weird looks, most seemed disgusted, repulsed by me, as though I was a bug that they wanted to squish me.

I just wrapped my arms around my chest and tried to walk through the group, hoping maybe if I looked small enough I'd just become invisible. Obviously, that didn't work.

"Hey homo" a tall basketball player cooed in an unfriendly tone. I spun around to see who was speaking and he was inches behind me, only a foot apart at most.
"Uhhhhh- hi." I greeted in a meek and quiet tone, taking a step away from him and attempting to turn back around. But I'd made eye-contact, it was too late and a whole group of sports players surrounded me, seemingly readying to attack.

The sports players at my school were strange, they'd be at each others guts for every second of every day until there was something they agreed upon, and finding someone to bully was the perfect time to be friendly to one another.

I wrapped my arms tighter around my body, my nails digging into my shirt and skin lightly as I thick bead of sweat rolled down my face. "Can you please move so I can leave?" I asked one hockey player directly in front of me, I feel stupid asking because I know they'll definitely say no but I knew if I didn't say something they'd probably just keep me here longer.

"Awww, are you scared of us gay boy?"

"Is being around so many men making you flustered?"

"Is it making you horny?"

They all let out laughs as they threw more harsh remarks at me, I bit my lip as tears began threatening to spill out and go down my face. "Please just move."
Where the fuck is Clay? Why does my stupid ass leave him and then end up running into some bullies two minutes later.

"Nah, why should we? It's much more fun here." The basketball player from earlier said, followed by a harsh laugh as he pushed me to the ground.

I landed on my stomach and rolled over to see 3 sports players standing over me while the rest were still standing in a crowd around us several feet away. Most had mentioned being eager to go to lunch earlier before they saw me, but hey, I guess watching your food get killed in front of you might make it seem more appetizing for them. The 3 sports players watched, each with a smirk as I took a shaky breath and attempted to sit up, but pushed me back down before I could stand.

There was no point in trying to sit up again, and I wouldn't have had the time to either way. The second my back hit the cold tiled floor a fist collided with my face, causing me to groan in pain, it had been the footballer who did that and he immediately threw another few punches to my nose, jaw and cheek before grabbing my shirt and yanking me from the floor. 

He hoisted me up, my feet were dangling about half a foot off the ground and I looked into his eyes and his brutish expression. Suddenly, I let out a sharp his as the basketball player kicked me in the lower back, sending a quick wave of pain through my body. "Hey" the footballer laughed, "I think we have ourselves a new punching bag!" He wore a smirk as he spoke and slowly in a circle, still holding me as he did so. 

I was spun around for about 1800° degrees (5 circles). "Come on guys, who wants a hit of fag-bag?"
I let out a small whine of annoyance at the insult but immediately forgot about it when the footballer's friends began landing punches on my back and sides.

Several bruises were already probably starting to form on my back and I could feel two streaks of warm blood, one from my nose and the other from my lip, which I'd bit some time during the spinning.

George POV (but 4th wall breaking)

This is it, in every fanfiction this is where the love interest comes running in to defend me. To start pushing everyone else off and throwing fists at them, but no.

Clay should be coming around the corner  any second now...

I got punched in the face again.

... Okay now then...

They dropped me back to the floor and stood on my hand.

... God. Why the fuck do I always time these wrong...

"Do you mind moving out of the way?" A monotone voice asked.

Normal George POV (no more 4th wall break)

Everyones heads turned in the direction of the voice, and slowly stood to the side as a familiar pinkette looked around the group. I remembered him. Techno. He talked to Clay and I everyday during detention.

He began walking through the group, barely batting an eyelid in my direction,  no please, look at me Techno. Please help!

Suddenly his eyes brushed over to meet mine and he stopped walking. "Hey, uh- watcha doing to George?" He asked, looking different sports players in the eyes.
"Just move along, it's none of your concern" the hockey player said through gritted teeth, he was clearly not wanting Techno to witness whatever he was planning on doing to me next.

The pinkette rolled his eyes "Well then I'll just stay here and watch?"
"You can piss off, it's nothing important. Just us correcting nature." The tall basketball player said.
I watched as Techno turned to look at me, narrowing his eyes slightly, "what's there to correct?"

All of the sports players had turned their attention away from me and I shakily stood up, expecting them to push me down but being surprised when they didn't. "He's gay, that unnatural" someone in the crowd spoke as I stood up.
"Not that unnatural when you think about it." Techno replied, his monotone voice staying the same and his eyes staying focused on me as I slowly moved over to stand beside him.

"I need to get to the library." Techno said. He placed a hand on my shoulder and took me with him, sending harsh glares at anyone who tried to step closer to me.

Once we were out of their earshot Techno let go of me, "where's your blond boyfriend?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.
I shrugged my shoulders as he opened the door to the nurse's office and let me inside.
"Do you want me to go find him?"

I shook my head weakly, "no thanks. I can text him. Please-just stay, I don't want to be alone."
Techno simply nodded and sat in the seat beside me.
_________________________________________
1141 words.