Chapter 43: 2am

George POV.

Consciousness slowly returned to me as I tried to remember what happened yesterday.
I went to school wearing the cheer uniform so I had Clay's hoodie on overtop to hide it. I was hot the entire day and I did one cheerleading hold before getting kicked out and then remember feeling extremely hot in the car, then... then what?

Well obviously I fainted, right? then woke up, just now, on a bed, sleeping above the covers with my head resting on a large pillow.
Slowly I sat up and looked around, I was in my room and it was dark so probably at night. I glanced down at my watch to see the time and it was 2am, I also noticed that I was still wearing the cheerleading uniform.

However it turns out I hadn't been resting my head on a pillow... well technically I was, but it was the blond one that brought me ice creams and took me to school and shit instead of other kind of pillow.
He was asleep with his back laying on the bed and his chest rising and falling slowly with each breath.

The cheerleading uniform was getting uncomfortable so I got out of bed and went to change into some clothes that were better for sleeping in, although I didn't want to leave my comfortable bed and Pillow.

I stumbled tiredly out of the room and my eyes scanned the row of clothes for something to wear. Eventually I found a white shirt with long sleeves and some gray sweatpants. Just after I had changed into the sweatpants and was about to change into the shirt I heard a noise coming from the bedroom.

With a quick glance into the room I saw the blond sitting up, stretching and looking around, clearly wondering where I was at just after 2 in the morning.
I dragged myself into the bedroom once I'd changed and saw Pillow watching me quietly. His eyes followed me as I stumbled tiredly over to the bed, but gave up almost instantly, deciding I was too tired and it was too far away. So I just decided to sit down on the couch which was quite close to me.

He saw me close my eyes sleepily as I sleep washed over me, trying to pull me back into the enticing, dark, comforting abyss of the unconscious.
"Am I really that bad to sleep with?" My eyes opened slowly, although feeling as though they weighed more than a bowling ball. Clay was standing over me with a tired half-smile.
"Would you rather sleep on the couch than on the bed with me, cause you could have just kicked me out of the room if that was the case."

I shook my head as a no, but not really sure what he was actually saying thanks to my current lack of energy.
The blond let out a small chuckle, "come on then, the bed is much more comfortable."
I felt his arms wrapping around me and my body being lifted off the couch, then a few moments later I was lowered back onto the bed. My eyes fluttered open to peer up at him and I hummed a thank you.

Clay gave me a small smile in return before he turned and tried to leave the room, only to get pulled onto the bed by me.
"George can I go to my own room please" the blond requested as I moved my head into his chest.
"No, you stay here." I mumbled tiredly against him.
"Please Georgie." The blond tried to nudge me off of him. "I just want to get changed out of these clothes, then I will come straight back if that's what you want. I promise."
"No." I repeated with a small shake of my head, "pillow's don't need to change clothes, pillows can't speak or make promises and pillow's also spend all their time on the bed with someone sleeping on them. That someone is me so shut up so let me fucking sleep, I'm tired."

He gave a small chuckle as he attempted to sit up and failed, "but the pillow wants to change out of his clothes, these aren't good for sleeping in."
"Should have thought of that this morning, stupid pillow."
Clay rolled his eyes and tried sitting up again, the results ending up the same as last time, "you do that again and I demote you to couch cushion" I growled as I pulled myself closer to him.

Clay POV.

George nuzzled his head further into my chest as I was held down by him. If I wanted too, I could have easily pushed him off, but I liked this position with his weight resting on me and his head on my chest just below my chin.

Still, as I lay there with the Brit all I could think about was last night.
"Thank you Clay, for being the best pillow and bodyguard ever. I love you."
Those words replayed in my mind over and over and over again.

I knew that George has liked me for ages, anyone could see that he did, and he was clearly gay, or Bi, or Pan, or just something other than straight.
But he hasn't come out yet, or maybe just didn't know that he was gay yet and I wasn't going to rush him to try and figure it out.

He may just be saying it as a friend, as in 'you're my best friend and I love you for it' or something like that.

As long as he was fine with this then I was too.

I felt his breath start to slow as he began drifting off, with one left hand wrapped around the fabric of my shirt and the other resting against his chest. The small brunette was curled into a ball with his legs tucked into his chest beside his arm and his head resting on my chest.
"Goodnight pillow. I love you." I heard him mumble before being followed by small, quiet snores.

He said I love you... Again. "I love you too Windowsill." I replied, although he was already asleep.

I stayed awake for a few more minutes, running my fingers gently through George's brown hair and thinking about how he has now said he loves me twice. Although I felt my eyelids getting heavy and soon found myself following the Brit in falling asleep.

"I love you too."
_________________________________________
1084 words.