Chapter 52: waffles

Not one chapter.
Not two chapters.
But three fucking chapters.

You guys are lucky I love you all enough to do this.
_________________________________________
3rd person POV.

Both pairs stayed cuddling in their rooms for a few hours after they woke up. Darryl kept slipping in and out of sleep while wrapped around Zak who had his chin resting on the green-eyed boys head. Just down the hall from them George and Clay laid in bed with the blond scrolling through tiktok and George laying on his chest while also watching the screen.

It was 11 when one of them moved, Darryl finally seemed to have woken up properly and was rubbing the sleep from his eyes with his weight still resting on the ravenette. Zak stayed where he was just watching the boy as he climbed out of the bed, wanting to see what he was going to do. "Skeppy come on you muffinhead we need to get up." Darryl said sleepily when Zak didn't move.
"But I don't wanna-" the ravenette replied, holding the last word as he rolled over so his back was facing the shorter and closed his eyes.
"Please Skeppy."

Zak reopened his eyes to see Darryl above him, he propped himself up on his elbows and smiled, "fine. But only if you make everyone waffles for breakfast."
"Ok." Darryl said happily as he left the room with Rat tailing him and the ravenette climbed out of bed.

Zak POV.

I changed my clothes into a blue hoodie and black jeans before leaving the room and heading into the kitchen where Darryl was running around grabbing ingredients for waffles.

As he began making the waffle mix I sat on a barstool and watched him as I leaned against the kitchen island. I pulled my phone from my pocket and began looking through notifications from yesterday, I looked and saw there were several from Wilbur and he did not sound happy.

Where do you keep running off to at lunch?
(sent yesterday 1:43pm)

Are you fucking avoiding me or something Zak?
(sent yesterday (3:27pm)

Why the hell aren't you answering my calls?
(sent yesterday 9:03pm)

OMFG just answer me goddamn it!
(sent yesterday 10:53pm)

I sighed, feeling half bad that I'd been ignoring Wilbur over the past few days. He probably thinks I'm pissed at him so I sent a reply back to him.

Sorry. Just been busy with stuff

Then I pocketed my phone, not bothering to see if he'd text back. When he got mad at someone or something he'd hold a grudge for days.
My eyes darted up to see Darryl making some waffles in a waffle maker then he turned back to me for a moment, "Zak breakfast is going to be ready in a few minutes can you go wake up Clay and George then come and chop up some berries?"
"Sure." Maybe I'd get to thank them now seeing as I didn't get time to last night.

I stood up from my seat and headed down the hall.

Clay POV.

Hours were wasted with me just going on tiktok, YouTube and other apps and games, George just lay with his head resting on my chest, watching my screen quietly. I ran my fingers brought his hair like a comb and listened as our breathing was synced. Besides that the room was dark and quiet, except for the little slither of sun peeking through the gap in the curtains.

Neither of us really cared that Darryl could come in at any moment, and Zak obviously wouldn't want to come in here so we were in no rush to get up.

Suddenly a knock sounded, George adjusted himself slightly so he was looking towards the door but neither of us said anything. Slowly someone pushed the door open, that someone being Zak. "Morning." He said in a bored tone when he saw we were both sitting up.

The Brit's face immediatly flushed red, Zak had always bullied him for being gay and now the ravenette had proof that he was.

Don't worry." Zak said, seemingly reading the brunettes mind, "I'm not gonna tell."
He walked over to the curtain and pulled it back, both George and I squinted at the bright light.

"Darryl told me to tell you both that breakfast was almost ready." He continued as he headed back towards the door.
"And... I wanted to thank you for... for not telling Darryl about... everything I've done to you. I'm truely sorry." He took long pauses between each word in the last sentence, and the way he said it sounded sincere.

Before either of us could respond Zak left the room, shutting the door slightly as he returned to the kitchen. George and I stared at the spot where he had stood a few moments prior, thinking over what he had just said.

Soon we both climbed out of the bed, I grabbed a bundle of my clothes and headed to the bathroom to change, allowing George to change in the bedroom.

Then I dumped my clothes back on the bed and headed to the kitchen.

Zak POV.

"Darryl told me to tell you both that breakfast was almost ready." I said as I made my way back across the room towards the door. However, I stopped myself before I left the room and forced myself to turn back and look at them "and... I wanted to thank you for... for not telling Darryl about... everything I've done to you." I took a deep breath and look down, my eyes threatening to show tears, "I'm truely sorry."

They didn't speak, I didn't want them too either. I returned to the kitchen before any words could leave their mouths. Darryl now had a stack of almost half a dozen waffles steaming slightly on a plate in a stack, he'd left a bowl full of strawberries and blueberries which I began cutting.

After a few minutes George came into the room, he mumbled a tired 'good morning' before sitting at a wooden table near the corner. Soon I finished cutting the fruit and sat down opposite him, the brunette looked at me with piercing eyes as though he was searching my soul for something. He only broke the stare when Clay sat down beside him.

There was an awkward silence until Darryl came and placed four plates, each stacked with 3 waffles, down on the table in front of each of us. He said that he needed to go feed Rat and that he'd be back in a minute before he left the room.

My eyes followed the green-eyed boy until he was out of the room then turned back to meet the intimidating looks coming from Clay and George.

I let out an audible gulp.
_________________________________________
1139 words.