Chapter 77: return to the school

Clay POV.

I spent the entire weekend trying to make it up to George, so I pretty much let him choose what to do the entire weekend. And every time I asked he replied with "cuddle with Pillow in bed." simple enough.

However, both of us were able to return to school on Monday, and I knew it was going to be awkward, especially for the brunette. It was Sunday night now and he lay asleep in my arms as I watched a movie and softly ran my fingers through his hair.

I can't let him out of my sight tomorrow, I kept telling myself, knowing that if he and I did end up seperated George may get more injuries. Zak, Darryl, Techno and I had also been texting (I tried to find Schlatt but he was off drunk somewhere), they all promised to keep an eye on him if I couldn't.

My eyes began slowly drooping as the clock ticked past 11 and I turned off the TV before pulling myself and George further under the blankets and watching as he snuggled into the warmth.
I brushed a strand of loose hair away from the Brit's face before falling asleep.

George POV.
At school

Clay had told me to stay near him, which I felt was a strange request. After all, I was supposed to do that back when my father first hired him, and I still don't even always do that now days, but I knew how different today would be than all the other days.

We climbed out of the car and the blond immediately rushed to my side, sending harsh glares at anyone who whispered, stared or pointed at me.

Everyone knew better than to mess with my Pillow, he's already proven that he could beat heaps of other people in our school in a fight, even if he was outnumbered.

Clay didn't let me stop and talk to anyone until he reached my locker where 4 people I recognised were hanging around.

The first 2 were obvious, Darryl and Zak, both of whom smiled at me when I approached, then there was Techno. The pinkette was leaning against the locker beside mine with a grimace visible, like Clay he was sending sharp glares at anyone who looked at me the wrong way.
Finally there was Schlatt, who I hadn't seen since my last detention with Clay almost 3 months ago. Just like the last day I saw him, he was drinking out of a metal bottle containing some strong smelling unidentifiable drink.

I looked over to the blond with a raised eyebrow but he didn't seem to be surprised. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he organised this, but I swear if they surround me holding up guns or shit to 'protect me' I'm putting a bullet to my own damn head.

"Thanks for agreeing to this guy's." Clay said, so he definitely did organise this then.
Most of the group just nodded in response, but I heard a mumble of 'of course' from someone.

The entire group started talking about something to do with me, but it was difficult to pay attention with all the eyes of my homophobic peers burning in my back. Clay must have noticed my discomfort because he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him protectively. "Thanks Pillow." I mumbled to him.

I still couldn't focus on their conversation and barely registered the fact that Clay was talking to me until he nudged my shoulder. When I turned to look at him he smiled and spoke in almost a whisper, "we're gonna head to class now."
I nodded in response and followed him, Darryl and Zak. Schlatt and Techno had a different class and so they walked in another direction.

We reached the class and I sat in my regular seat, Darryl and the blond also sat in their normal spots, but Zak instead sat directly behind me.
As our other classmates started filing in and towards their seats I looked over to my 3 friends.
"Guy's, I appreciate the thought but I don't think anyone with hurt me or shit while we are in homeroom."
"Language."

Besides the one word remark from the green-eyed boy beside me, they pretty much ignored me. They clearly weren't going to move or anything.
In fact, the next person to speak was Zak, just before class started, "this actually feels kinda cool" he said, causing the three of us to turn around and look at him, "what I mean is this feels like we are George's bodyguards or something."
The blond beside me shrugged, "can't say I know what that feels like."

I allowed myself to let out a small laugh at his comment but quietened down when Mr Phallus entered the class.

Guess what?
If you don't know what sparkles are then pity but anyway...
Time skip

Once again this group Clay had assembled overnight was gathered around at our lunch table, along with some people who Darryl apparently recruited.

A loud blond British boy who was wearing a red and white shirt, and ripped jeans (apparently Wilbur's brother but the two don't seem to get along).
A short brunette who was also British and wore a hoodie that was a darker green (yellow?) than Clay's.
And another boy about the same age as the pair who had Heterochromia and dyed white and black hair.

Although Darryl invited them it seemed that he regretted it because every time the blond opened his mouth he'd end up saying a swear word (usually shit, fuck or bitch) that got the green-eyed boy to do his standard reply. (Say it with me now... Language.)

I was however somewhat thankful that these three younger boys drew attention off of me, with the loud, annoying chaos that somehow followed the trio wherever they went.

It was getting to loud for me to focus, and so I stood up, mumbling something quietly about how I was going to leave and then I did, with Clay standing and following closely behind me.

Just before I left the cafeteria I glanced around the room at all the eyes looking at me, each with a different mixture of emotions leaking out.
I sighed, I fucking hope this is over soon.
_________________________________________
1057 words.

Also remember to check out my discord. Link is in the Bio