Chapter 53: talks

George POV.

His eyes turned back to look at us and we could both see him gulp. Zak seemed intimidated by us as we stared intently at him. Had he really just apologized to us for everything he's ever done? Or was it just part of a joke that he, Nick and Wilbur were playing?

I felt Clay's eyes moving from the ravenette to me, before turning to meet Zak's. "I'll forgive you Zak, if George does." He simply said.
Both of them turned their attention to me, I felt like I had to say I accepted his apology now. "...fine." Zak looked relieved, "but if you ever hurt anyone, ever again, or make up lies about me and Clay being a gay couple I will tell him, got it?"
He just nodded, then I heard Darryl calling me so I stood up and left down the hallway.

Zak POV.

"But if you ever hurt anyone, ever again, or make up lies about me and Clay being a gay couple I will tell him, got it?"
I nodded and was about to say thanks to them both when Darryl called for the brunette from down the hall. George stood up and left, leaving me alone with Clay."

"So he honestly thinks he's not gay?" I asked the blond.
"Yeah, convinced himself that he just sleeps with me because I make a good pillow."

We both chuckled, before Clay asked me a question, "so are you and Darryl are a thing or not?"
"I-uh am not sure actually. I don't have the courage to ask him out to be honest." I rubbed the back of my head sheepishly.
"Same here. I want to wait until he realises he's not straight first, but that could take years."
I hummed in agreement with the blonds words.

"Hey if we ever get together with them we should go on a double date" Clay suddenly suggested.
"Yeah, but only if we go to a horror movie."
"I don't think either of them would like that." The blond pointed out as he stood and went to grab himself a drink.
"Yeah but that means they'll cuddle into us."

Clay let out an audible laugh at that as he returned to the table beside me.

George POV.

Darryl was standing in his room, he had gotten changed into some ripped jeans and a plain white shirt, and was looking in the mirror holding up two hoodies, trying to decide which one to wear. The first was his usual black one with red details and the other was a blue one, which now that I think about it was identical to Zak's.

"Is there a problem Darryl?" His eyes brushed over to meet mine in the reflection and he shook his head, "just wanting to get your opinion. Do you think I should wear this?"
He turned and held up the blue hoodie so I could see it better.
"Yeah. I guess... why?" I raised my eyebrow and gave him a questioning look.

"It-uh... It belongs to Zak. Just wanted to know if you thought I should wear it. Would Geppy hate me for it?" He seemed to panic a little, maybe he thought Zak wouldn't like him if he wore it without asking.
"Darryl, calm down. It'll look really good on you and I'm sure Zak won't mind." I reassured him.
He nodded and readjusted his glasses before pulling the blue hoodie of her frame.

I smiled at him, then started walking back out to the kitchen with Darryl behind me and heard Clay let out a laugh.

Zak and Clay were sitting opposite eachother talking when I entered the room. Without a word I went to beside Clay and sat down leaning my head against his shoulder. Darryl was standing by the door and smiled shyly, feeling partially embarrassed to be wearing Zak's hoodie.

The ravenette noticed the hoodie and seemed to enjoy the fact that Darryl was wearing it. He shifted over half-awkwardly to sit beside Zak. They made eye contact for a moment before turning away as their faces tinted red slightly.
Me and Clay gave eachother a knowing look, we both knew where this was going.

We all began eating our food, ignoring conversation and the blond and I noticed the pair opposite us making brief eye contact before looking away as their faces grew a deeper red.
And Zak always made fun of me for apparently being gay. Who's gay now Zak?

Soon our plates were all cleared and I offered to do dishes. Zak looked up after I headed over to the sink. "Clay, can I talk to you for a moment... alone" he asked quickly, before the blond answered Zak was already out of the room.

Clay POV.

I stood up and followed after Zak as he walked down to the guest bedroom where George and I had slept last night. "What's wrong Zak?" I asked.
"He! Was! Wearing! My! Hoodie!" Large gaps spread apart each of Zak's words.
"Yeah, and?"
"Is that a good thing?" The ravenette hissed the question.
"Yes! Of course it is a good thing Zak!" I let out a laugh.

The ravenette's expression softened, "really?"
Another laugh escaped my mouth,"yes. It's obvious he likes you."
"He does?" Zak asked and I nodded in confirmation.
"Should I... I don't know... ask him out?"

"That's not something you should ask me. It's up to you if you ask him out or not."
Zak let out a sigh, "that is not helpful Clay."
In response I just let out a laugh, "you'll figure it out, either way I'm sure he'll say yes."

With that I left the room, the ravenette behind me as we returned to the kitchen and took two seats on barstools in front of the kitchen island. George and Darryl were just talking and I saw Darryl repeatedly glancing at Zak.

"Hey George, I think we need to go. There's stuff we need to do at home before tonight."
The brunette seemed to figure it out and nodded, going to grab both of our bags after saying goodbye.

We both sat in the car and sighed.
_________________________________________
1035 words