Chapter 78: as usual

Before we start this chapter I just wanted to remind you guys to check out my discord.

Link is in the Bio and weird shit always comes up on it like this...

And then that was followed by this:

And this:

To the people who were a part of that conversation you know who you are

Also that story will be coming out soon.
_________________________________________
George POV.

When I woke up I found that I had been cuddling with my Pillow, as usual. My head had been resting on his chest and his arms were wrapped around my body. Clay's breathing was slow, clearly still asleep.

Eventually he began to stir, his grip tightening slowly around me before loosening again. Once the blond slowly sat up he kissed me 'good morning' like he usually did before heading to the shower. I waited for him to finish before showering myself.

Fast forward an hour or so and we were back at school again. But today it was different. I arrived in the Ferrari, as usual. The blond was driving, as usual. Darryl and Zak were waiting for us, as usual.

So why did it feel off?

Clay and I walked beside eachother into the building, with the other pair walking in front of us. Everyone kept looking at me, but I grew insensitive towards them, barely noticing now days.

We all made our way to our usual seats and continued talking about nothing important, and then laughing randomly.  However, I noticed that Clay was being abnormally quiet, although I decided not to comment on it.

As the bell rang and people started filing into the classroom they all gave me the same looks they usually did, fueled with disgust and hatred. I just turned my view away from them and kept my eyes focused on my desk. Once Mr Phallus came into the room I finally glanced up as he read out some announcements.

Throughout the rest of the morning I couldn't concentrate on classes. Although that was expected, because I for one always find it hard to work with 2 dozen sets of eyes on me. Beside me, Clay also seemed to have trouble focusing, he was pretty much staring into space.

Our teacher had turned around and she was writing something on the board, so I leaned over to the blond and whispered to him, "Clay..."
He hummed quietly, signalling he was listening.
"Are you okay? You've been acting... I don't know off, it's not something you usually do."

Clay turned to look at me with a confused expression, "I'm perfectly fine Georgie, why would you ask?"
I shrugged my shoulders in response and then turned back to the lesson. The blond watched me for a few seconds, studying me for a moment before turning back around as well.

Time skip

Lunch felt different today too.

It felt like I was watching everything that was happening around me from through a window. As if the group at my usual table were sitting 5 or 10 miles away. And we're my ears ringing? because I swear I hear some high pitched noise coming from somewhere.

The group at my table were all doing their own things. The three youngest were all arguing loudly, although it was mainly the blond yelling at the other two, as usual.
Darryl switched between joking and talking with Zak and yelling at the trio to stop fighting.
Shlatt seemed completely and utterly drunk and it seemed surprising that no teacher had confiscated his metal flask yet.
Techno was reading a history book and eating baked potatoes of all things.

And finally there was Clay, who seemed just as dazed as earlier, he was just staring blankly out of the window and onto the fields, seemingly lost in thought. We'd been sitting here for ten minutes and he hadn't stopped looking out the window even to eat. Darryl, Zak, Techno, Schlatt and the three teens all seemed oblivious to what the blond was doing.

"Are you okay?" I asked Clay again, he looked over to me and nodded.
That seemed to have knocked him out of whatever strange trance that he was in since after that he began interacting with the rest of the group and eating his food.

The 9 of us sat there for a while before I decided to head to the library, I stood up and beckoned for Clay to follow, which he did.
All around us students were talking, but whatever conversations they were having always seemed to be about me. Today, the blond didn't seem as ready to stop anyone from talking about me, he had almost lifeless eyes, but he said he was fine.

"Uh Clay, you sure you're okay because you don't look like you're feeling well. If you feel sick or something we could go home." I said, glancing up at him worriedly.
He shook his head, but didn't make eye-contact with me "no-no I'm fine."
I was about to say something else but we reached the library.

Mrs Murdo was sitting at her desk reading a gay romance story (about two Minecraft youtubers but we'll just skip past that), and she gave the blond and I a small smile each as we walked past and to our usual spot.

We each had just settled in with a book when we saw someone (actually two someone's) standing over us. Both of us looked up to be met with Nick and Wilbur. I expected Clay to stand up, to push them back before they did anything that they usually do. But he didn't.

The pair dragged me off the couch and immediately Nick punched me, the blow sending me backwards until I fell against Wilbur who pushed me off of him instantly. I was pushed back and forth like a ragdoll between the two and Clay just watched, his eyes following me as I got thrown around, but he still did nothing.

As usual Nick and Wilbur continuously beat me between the two until I collapsed on the ground. I glanced up meekly at Clay, my large round eyes sparkling with tears, silently begging him to do something but he didn't.

They continued punching, kicking and slapping me and I knew dozens of bruises were going to appear soon enough. My eyes stayed focused on the blond, "Clay, please... Do something." I said, my voice sounding weaker than usual.

He stood up and looked me dead on, then just shook his head, "there's no point in me doing anything Georgie," he said, "they'll just keep coming back. I may just as well quit now."

I watched with teary eyes as my boyfriend turned and left, just before feeling a sharp pain in the back of my head and feeling the world go back.

But this time, I was alone.
That is knew.
_________________________________________
1146 words.

Bet you didn't see that coming.