Chapter 57: a girl from Canada

Clay POV.

"Truth or dare Georgie?"
"Truth" George said with an extremely smug grin. He obviously thought that whatever I asked him he could answer easily.

"Do you have a crush on anyone Georgie?"

Both Darryl and Zak were wearing a small smirk as they watched George's reaction, his eyes widened slightly and his face was growing redder by the second.
"I'm not answering that." The brunette eventually said, trying to walk back to the bathroom so he could be a chicken and hop in the icy water instead.

George got to the doorway but I blocked him. I held my hand firmly on the frame, he attempted to push past it and failed. "Clay let me past." He said, sending me a glare. "I forfeit and so I want to go jump in the ice water instead."
I rolled my eyes playfully, "why do you want to forfeit Georgie? Are you embarrassed by your answer? Do you have a crush on somebody at our school that we all know perhaps?" I smirked knowingly. We all already knew his answer and we wanted to see what he'd say.
"No. No. I have a crush on someone... nobody you know though." George said quickly refusing to make eye-contact with any of us.

Zak and I were clearly thinking the same thing, that sentence is fucking bullshit (Darryl was also thinking something similar but a lot more PG maybe like 'that sentence is rubbish' or 'that sentence is nonsense').

"Where do you know your crush from then George?" The ravenette on the floor asked, we all wanted to see if we could catch him in a lie and call him out.
"I already answered my question. You'll have to ask next turn." George said, attempting to return to his seat, but I grabbed him first. "Come on Georgie, tell us about them or I'll throw you in the bath for a minute. Besides if we don't know them than it wouldn't hurt for you to tell us."
"Fine." The brunette groaned. "I met her in... New York... during a business trip my parents had about 8 years ago or something. She was visiting from Canada with her parents and brother who was 4 years younger than her. We hung out a playground and became close friends pretty quickly" He lied quickly.

"If it was 8 years ago then how do you remember her?" Darryl asked the Brit curiously.
"Well we exchanged numbers, or more accurately our parents numbers since we didn't have phones at the time and now we FaceTime often. Once every week or two" He shrugged his shoulders.

George must be smart enough to know that I'd know this was bullshit. I've lived with him for about 3 or 4 months now and he never made FaceTimed or texted anyone besides me, his parents, Darryl and Zak. He refused to make eye-contact with me as he spoke.

"What is she like?"
"She's a great leader, but can be hard headed. However she's smart, pretty, kinda-sassy, and has a good deal of integrity."
"Sounds like you are describing Princess Leia from Star Wars." Zak mumbled and his boyfriend hummed in agreement. George either didn't hear the two of them or chose to ignore what they'd said.

"I haven't heard you mention her before Georgie." I said, leaning against the doorframe with a playful smirk. "Could you call her now? Maybe introduce us to her."
The brunette shook his head. "She told me she has to study for a science test coming up in a few days. Her parents are very strict."

"Could you tell us what she looks like then?" Darryl asked, his eyes shining as he spoke.
"She is a year younger than me, 16 but should be turning 17 in a month or so. Either way she is taller than me, she told me she was about 5 foot 10 the last time I asked. She has long dark hair which she always likes to wear in a plat, and has olive-toned skin. Amazing singing voice, she could be a pop star if she wanted to sing."
I let out an audible chuckle at his explanation "She sounds really hot... and exactly like how Katniss Everdeen is described in the Hunger Games books."

"How do you know how Katniss Everdeen is described?" George raised an eyebrow.
"Simple. I finished the Maze Runner series. Wanted to try something else and Mrs Murdo recommended Hunger Games, says it's somewhat similar and that I'll probably like it." I replied with a shrug of my shoulders. "Now spill. Who is your crush?"

I walked out of the bathroom in my now damp clothes, Darryl and Zak stood up and the 3 of us cornered him. George was the shortest of all of us, Darryl was slightly taller and I was tallest with Zak just a few inches shorter than me. We all towered over the brunette who had his back pressed against the wall.

"I don't have to tell you anything. You can't fucking make me!"
"Language George." Darryl glared at the brunette in the corner.
George clearly wasn't going to tell us, (even if that was the entire point of truth or dare) and so I turned to Zak and Darryl.

"What should we do? He clearly isn't going to talk." I said to them, crossing my arms over my chest as they gave some ideas.
"We could make him brush his teeth with wasabi." Darryl suggested.
"Or we could delete everything on his phone so he looses progress on everything." Zak added.
"Maybe put him in some embarrassing clothes like a crop top and a skirt." I said, remembering the cheerleader skirt  I still had.

I was about to make another suggestion when Zak got a phonecall. He answered and spoke to whoever was on the other end of the line before hanging up and sighing. "My Dad wants me to come home now." He said sadly, "I need to come up with an explanation as to why I have a bruised face."
Zak waved goodbye to me and George before turning to Darryl, "do you want a ride home?"
His boyfriend nodded in reply and then they walked out of the room, holding hands and with Darryl leaning against Zak.

George let out a sigh of relief, thinking he was off the hook as he tried to return to sit on his bed. However the second he'd sat down I pushed him backwards and pinned him down.

"Clay let me go!" George said firmly. I shook my head in response, "not until you tell me who your crush is."
_________________________________________
1113 words.