Chapter 51: sleep

Clay POV.

The second movie had ended and the clock had just passed 10. George had been sleeping against me for half the movie and as I looked over at the other 2 I saw something similar happening with Darryl and the ravenette.

Zak looked from the green-eyed boy asleep on him to me. "I will take care of my sleeping bean if you take care of yours." I mouthed. He seemed to understand and nodded as I lifted George off the couch, being careful not to wake him.

I carried him to the guest bedroom and lowered him onto his bed before shutting the door. Then I grabbed some clothes and started changing with my back to the brunette, listening as Zak carried Darryl along the hall to his room.
George was sitting up slightly when I turned back around. He was rubbing his eyes sleepily and I gave him a smile. He grabbed his bag and pulled out a pair of clothes to change into.

He changed while I returned to the hallway in started starting the lights and moving the half empty pizza boxes into the fridge. When I returned to the room George was back in his bed and curled up under the covers.
"Night Georgie." I said quietly as I flicked off the light switch and made my way over to my bed.
"Where are you going Pillow?" He said as both a question and a groan.
"Sorry Georgie." I apologized as I turned and climbed into the bed beside him.

I laid down and George instantly wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my chest. The Brit was hugging me tighter than usual and I let out a small chuckle, "aww, did that horror movie scare you Georgie?" I asked him.
"Yes it did. And who's fault is that Pillow?"
"Not mine, you agreed to it." The brunette rolled his eyes.
"Don't worry Georgie, I'm not complaining."

But before I finished my sentence he had fallen asleep. I fell asleep like him soon after.

Zak POV.

Clay left the room with the brunette in his arms. The fact that George's body was limp made him seen lifeless, but his eyes were barely open and scanning the room with a dazed look in his eyes.

I decided to ignore it and just carry the sleeping boy in my arms to his room. He wasn't too heavy and I carried him down the hallway and into his bedroom, which he had shown me earlier. Rat followed me along the hall, her feet making a small pitter-patter sound as she did.

When I reached the large bed in the centre of the room I lowered Darryl onto the bed and Rat jumped up beside her owner and curled herself into a ball.
Then I left the room, leaving the door slightly ajar in case he needed something.

I returned to the living room where it seemed Clay had already cleaned up. Darryl had shown me where the blankets and pillows were so I grabbed a few of each and laid them out over the couch in near darkness.

Once completed I let out a sigh, and headed down the hall knowing that I should thank Clay and George for them not telling Darryl that I was a bully, and to apologize for... Everything.

Quietly I opened the door, not wanting to disturb them if they were asleep. Which they were but not in the way I expected. When the door opened and light leaked into the room I looked around, seeing the faint outlines of 2 beds, a bedside table, a set of drawers and 2 bags on the ground.
The silhouettes of 2 people were visible in the room too, except they were both cuddling in one bed.

The brunette was laying against the wall with Clay's arms wrapped protectively around him and his head rested on the blonds chest as though it was a pillow. Their legs were entangled and their breathing was synced. Both of them seemed happy.

I took a step back and closed the door quietly. For the past 2 years I'd made fun of George with Wilbur and Nick for being gay, but now that I saw him and Clay I realised why. They were perfect for eachother, if soulmates were real then that's what they were. As though it was them against the world, and now that I think about it, George has seemed happier since the blond had been around.

Hopefully I'll be able to find love like that.

I sighed and turned to head down back to the couch where my bed was now set up when I heard Darryl call me. "Zaaakkkkk! Geppy! Please come here." He called, not really caring if he'd wake George and Clay.
With a small smile I turned around and headed back down the hall to Darryl's door before nudging it open with the back of my hand. "Yes Darryl, is there a problem?" My voice was soft as I spoke to the green-eyed boy bundled up under the covers of his bed.

"I-I felt bad that you had to sleep on the couch." He mumbled, clearly on the brink of falling back asleep. "You can take my bed and I'll go sleep on the couch." There were yawns at the end of both sentences. And he tried to climb out of his bed.
"No Darryl. It's fine I can sleep on the couch, you're clearly tired so just stay here and fall back asleep." I turned to leave but made sure to say a quiet goodnight to the green-eyed boy as he nestled himself back amongst his covers.

I returned to the couch and laid down, staring up at the ceiling and listening to the sound of a clock ticking away, counting the seconds from somewhere in the kitchen.
It was difficult to sleep. I always found that to be true when I slept in another person's house, it was too foreign and strange and I never trusted it.

An hour had passed, or maybe 2 and I had given up on sleep. Maybe I could take the spare bed in George and Clay's room, I thought to myself, before immediately forcing that thought out of my mind.
Firstly, I didn't want to distract him and secondly I knew if they did catch me in there I'd definitely be dead by tomorrow morning.

With the carpeted floor I couldn't hear it, not until a quiet, desperate sounding voice spoke up. "Skeppy... Zak. Are-are you awake?"
I replied with an almost inaudible 'mhm' not moving from my current position.
"I-I'm scared... Can you stay with me?" He asked timidly.

I looked up to see his face tinted a slight red after asking that question.
The second I stood up he threw his arms around me, shaking slightly. "What's wrong?" I asked him as he leaned into me.
"Nightmare from that movie." He muttered.
Darryl seemed kind of shaken up, so I held him tighter, "don't worry Darryl, I promise that nothing will happen. They're just bad dreams."

He nodded against me but didn't move as I helped him back into bed. "S-stay here with me please." The green-eyed boy spoke quietly and I complied, feeling Darryl snuggle into me. And just to stop me from leaving, I felt Rat climb up from her position before curling back up on my chest.

I think .. I think I may know how George and Clay feel.
_________________________________________
1263 words.