Chapter 117: gift shopping (George)

Start from the beginning

As I went over to the employee who greeted us when we came in I glanced out to see the lower floors of the mall. My eyes narrowed when I saw... Shit!!! Why the hell are Nick and Zak here with Clay?

Fuck, after this employee helps me with getting this toy I'll call Nick and ask him why he's here.
(Karl's has his priorities set in order.)

The woman smiled at me, "have you decided to buy something?" She asked me.
I nodded and she led me over to the shelves. "Which toy would you like?" She asked as she waved her hand along beckoning towards the different toys on display.

"Could I have a panda please." I requested.
She nodded and then walked me over to a display of different accessories, "you can choose 2 accessories for your toy. I will be back with a panda toy in a moment."

I looked over the accessories at shirts, shoes, hats, pants, ties, bows and a bunch of other things. Immediately I saw one that I liked, a shirt with a fire stitched on the front, Nick already owned one that was the similar.

Another thing that caught my attention was a white bandanna. It was plain but I liked it and thought it would look good on the panda.
I grabbed both and turned to the lady who had just come back.

Fast forward 15 minutes and all of us had left with a bag of one or two toys. Mine was the panda which I named Sapnap.
Darryl had two, a blue one in a duck onesie he called Skeppy and a black stuffed demon in a black and red hoodie called BadBoyHalo.
And George got a blob the size of a pillow which he didn't get any accessories for.

I remembered to call Nick which is what I did as Darryl lead us downstairs and to the candy shop.

Darryl POV.

Why the muffin (translation: why the hell) did those 2 muffinheads (translation: dickheads) bring Clay here, are they absolute muffins? (Translation: dipshits)

I lead George and Karl into the candy store to avoid them as I saw them on the other side of the fountain centrepiece, and now we were wandering around in here.

The room was split in two halves seperated by a giant L shaped counter. The first half that the customers could access was just several rows of shelves lined with bagged sweets and chocolates from different countries, and a smaller counter that gave out taste tests.

The other half behind the counter was lined with jars of different candies that we would be able to choose from. Everything from gum, to jelly beans, to chocolate and sherbets were in different labelled jars and containers.

I lead George up to counter and a man walked over to us. "Welcome to the Candy Cove, how can I help you both today?"
We both looked up at a sign and I pointed at one, "could we make 3 20 dollar gift boxes? One for each of us and a third for our friend who will be here in a moment."
The man smiled, "of course you can, I'll get my coworker Lisa to help one of you and I can help the other."

The man, who's name tag read Owen disappeared for a moment into the employee's only area before returning with a tanned, ginger female worker, Lisa.
George went with Lisa and I stayed with Owen who explained I could get 1.5 pounds worth of candy from the jars behind him and then 8 bucks worth of candy from the shelves, and showed me a list of everything avalible.

I finished making mine before George did and by then Karl had turned up and was making his one with a third worker.
"How will you three be paying for your gift boxes?" Owen asked me as he typed something on to cash register, which was calculating how much money we owe.
"Card, all separately." I told him.

Owen nodded and as he set up the register for me to pay George walked over and smiled.
Once we both paid Owen smiled at us, "would you two like your boxes wrapped for you? And if so who would they be for?"
We told him yes and then the names of Zak and Clay and he scribbled them both down on seperate bits of paper which had a list of the candy for our boxes.

After Karl finished and came over to pay he asked us for our numbers, who was going to pick them up when they were made. I told him my name and phone number before the other two could react, when they asked me about it I just gave them a sly smile.
"I have places where I hide all sorts of stuff from Zak all the time that he doesn't know about."

We stepped out of the store and looked around, I saw Nick, Zak and Clay walking over the second floor and immediately grabbed George and Karl by the hands and pulling them outside.

All three of us decided it would be better to go to a different mall that was boyfriend free.
_________________________________________
1570 words.

I feel like this is the most anticlimactic chapters I have written in this book and I am sorry for that.

Also, once again thank you for 8k followers it is not necessary.