Chapter 85: the Pillow's hangover

George POV

When I woke up, Clay had loosened his grip. I laid beside him for a few minutes but after soon the smell of alcohol, which was still faintly on Clay's breath, overwhelmed me. Slowly, as to not wake him I pulled myself off of him and dangled my legs over the side of the bed. 

Patches immediately padded over to me and nuzzled her head against my legs, clearly hungry. I smiled at the cat then glanced over to the blond who seemed to be sleeping restlessly on the bed. The cat followed me, her tail twitching curiously as I lead her to go get food. When I came back upstairs I showered and changed before returning to Clay's room.

The blond had woken up, he was rubbing his forehead tenderly, probably trying to sooth a headache and he looked over to me. I gave him a soft smile as I walked over to him. Clay sat up as I made my way to the edge of the bed and sat down. The bed shifted slightly as he came over to me and pulled me into a hug, burying his head into the crook in my neck.

"Are you feeling better Pillow?" I asked him, speaking softly. The blond just groaned in response. Guess that's a no then.
"Is there anything that you want? Water? Food? Maybe some panadol or something?" I asked Clay, as he moved his head slightly so it rested on my shoulder.
"Nope, just want to sleep" the blond replied, hugging me tightly before falling back so he was laying on the bed, with me being pulled down with him.

He held me against him as I squirmed in his grip. "Clay, I know that you have a hangover but you don't need to crush me" I said, continuing to try and get myself out of his arms.
"Yes I do Georgie" he mumbled as he rolled over slightly, while still stopping me from moving. The blond started spooning me and kissing my neck gently.

"Stop it Pillow" I said with a growl, but the blond ignored me. He kept peppering kisses along my neck and upper back.
"Clay stop." I repeated.
"Fine" he groaned as he pulled himself away. Although he kept his lips close, close enough for me to feel his hot, booze smelling, breath on the back of my neck.

He quietened down a bit after that, and I think he drifted in and out of sleep a couple times but unlike the last time he fell asleep the blond didn't loosen his grip.

My hand snaked it's way down to my pocket and I grabbed my phone and opened up camera and flipping it to selfie mode. The room was still dim but in the light from the screen you could see me... obviously. But behind me you could see the blond with his eyes shut, and his arms around my waist.

He looked quite peaceful and as though he wasn't hung over.
I took a few quick photos before feeling the blond move slightly, then he grabbed my phone and pulled it away from me.
"Clay. What the hell!" I turned my head slightly to glare at the blond, although it was hard since he was still holding me there.

"Shhh Georgie. We need to sleep" Clay mumbled as he kissed my neck again softly.
"No we don't. You do because you're hung over but I don't so le-"
The blond shushed me as he spun me around and placed a long kiss on my forehead.

Then the blond slowly let me go, "please can you please go and get me something to eat please Georgie, and then we cuddle and sleep."
"Fine. But you said please way to damn much."
I stood up and then began walking to the door but turned and smiled at him first, "you know you get really cuddly when you have a hangover" I said with a half smirk.
"You're-you're one to talk Georgie." The blond replied, standing up and rubbing his forehead again.

I rolled my eyes and headed to the kitchen, looking around for a few moments before deciding to make him some eggs on toast.
First I grabbed some eggs and cooked them in a pan followed by making toast in the toaster. The toast popped up and I laid both pieces on a plate, before sliding one steaming egg onto each piece of toast.
Finally I poured him a glass of water and grabbed some vitamins from the cabinet, remembering how the blond said that these helped his hangovers all the time.

About 10 minutes had passed by the time I returned upstairs. Clay was still laying in the bed with his face down as he groaned excessively into a pillow. One of his hands was dangling off of the side of the bed and Patches was rubbing her back against it.

"Pillow. Can you get up and stop groaning." It wasn't a question, but Clay still replied with an annoyed 'no'.
Rolled my eyes again and put his tray of food on the bedside table before sitting down on the bed beside the blond.

Patches immediately abandoned her spot underneath Clay's dangling arm and padded along the floor to me, I scooped her up and sat with her on my lap. Then I leaned back so I was resting against the blond, my back pressed against his. He shifted slightly to look over at me before sitting up and leaning against me.

"Hey Georgie" the blond mumbled against me, dragging out the o in my name.
"Hey Pillow" I replied, matching his tone and dragging out the o in his name as well, "can you eat the eggs I made for you?" I asked him.
The blond hummed tiredly and pulled the tray of food onto his lap, before beginning to eat slowly.

After a few minutes of him eating in silence he gave up on finishing his food and collapsed onto the bed, staring at the ceiling. I looked down at him and he smiled at me, "thank you for looking after me Georgie I luv you."

Patches had seen the blond laying down and decided to make him her Pillow (bitch is stealing George's Pillow). Since she had moved I laid down properly beside him. Clay turned his head and connected our lips for a few short moments before pulling away and looking back up at the cream coloured ceiling again.

"Do you think that you'll be feeling better tomorrow so we can go to school, Clay?" I asked him.
"No Gogy. I need to stay here in bed and so do you. If you don't my hangover will get worse." Clay said, in a way just short of begging.
I sat up slightly, "Clay I am going to go to school tomorrow" I announced.

The blond sat up and looked over to me, for the first time today he seemed completely sober as though he hadn't been drunk. "Are you sure that's a good idea Georgie? What if something happens to you and I'm not there to help?"
"I'm sure I'll be fine Clay, Zak and Darryl were going to give me a ride there and back, and Tommy, Tubbo, Schlatt and Techno will all help as well."

"I don't think that's the case Georgie-" Clay began.
"I'll be fine." I cut him off.
"No you won't, and you aren't leaving. You stay here with me tomorrow, it's my job to keep you safe and I can't if I'm bedridden with a hangover."

"Fine Clay." I sighed in defeat.
But I will go to school tomorrow, just without Clay knowing.
_________________________________________
1286 words.