Chapter 83: party invite

Start from the beginning

"Zak, please text Clay, I wanna make sure George is okay." Darryl said for probably the 50th time.
And for probably the 50th time I replied, "Darryl, I'm sure George is fine. If you are that worried then text him yourself?"
"I can't text George you muffinhead" Darryl said, looking at me as though I was an idiot, "Clay said he needed to sleep so I won't text him to wake him up."

I smirked at him and chuckled before speaking in at a volume that only he could heat, "it's cute how much you worry about him."
Darryl's face flushed slightly, "Zak. You can't say that, you're in the middle of school."
"Calm down Darryl, nobody heard." I reassured my boyfriend.
If we were somewhere else I would have kissed him then and there but I knew that Darryl wouldn't be comfortable with me kissing him in the middle of the school cafeteria.

We both turned back to our food, we were about to go back to eating when we saw a pair of girls walking over to us.
"Hey Zak." The taller of the pair said to me when she reached us, completely ignoring the green-eyed boy opposite me.
I responded with an 'Uh-hey' as I looked over to her and her shorter friend.

When I replied they began whispering to eachother, probably not knowing what to say. After an extremely awkward minute or two of them talking they turned back. "You two are Clay's friends, right?" The shorter girl, a blond asked, finally acknowledging Darryl's existence.
"

Yeah, we are?" Darryl seemed worried about what they were going to ask, and I was too. It could be something along the lines of 'can you ask Clay to go on a date with one of us.'

"Well, we are organising a party for Saturday night, and we would have invited him personally but he's not here" the blond explained.
"So what do you want us to do exactly?" I asked her, my right eyebrow raised slightly.
"Could you ask Clay if he wanted to come" the taller girl responded. "You two can both come as well, if you want" she added.

My eyes drifted over to meet Darryl's, we both already knew how the blond would answer, but we turned back to the girls. "Is there any chance that he could bring a plus one?" I asked, both of us knowing that that would definitely be the first thing the blond would want to know.
The two girls looked at eachother momentarily, before turning back, "yeah sure, if he wants" the shorter replied with a shrug.

"Mk. I'll text him" I said, pulling my phone from my pocket as the 3 other people around the table watched, the taller telling me what address to send him and the time.

Hey Clay.
There's a party on Satruday at (make up your own address road) starting 7

Peeple here at school wantto know if it you wanna coem

They say Gorege can come two

(Another example of perfect Skeppy English.)

"There, sent." As I spoke I pocketed my phone and the girls began walking away, both looking satisfied with themselves. I turned to my boyfriend and rolled my eyes, he responded with a giggle and we finally got to return to our food.

 I turned to my boyfriend and rolled my eyes, he responded with a giggle and we finally got to return to our food

Clay POV.

It was late, probably 9 or 10 at night. George was laying on me, either asleep or dead, whatever it was, he hadn't moved in hours. Patches was also in the room, curled up on the couch asleep.

I was on my phone, when I remembered I had unread texts from Zak. He'd messaged me earlier, while I was at the mall with George and so I ignored it, so I should probably check it out now before I forget.

I felt the Brit stir slightly as I opened Zak's messages and read them through in my head.

Hey Clay.
There's a party on Satruday at (make up your own address road) starting 7

Peeple here at school wantto know if it you wanna coem

They say Gorege can come two

It took me a few attempts to read the texts over because half of the words I couldn't understand. However, by the time I had figured out what Zak was saying George seemed to have woken up.

Don't get me wrong he was still incredibly tired, but it was good enough.
"Hiya sleeping beauty" I greeted the brunette with a small kiss on his forehead.
"Morning... What time is it?" He asked as he sat up slightly and looked around at the dark bedroom.

"Actually 10 pm, so not quite morning yet... You feeling less tired now?" I asked as I began running my fingers through his hair and George laid himself back down.
"Mhm" the Brit hummed in reply.
"Good."

I thought back to Zak's test. "Hey Georgie, do you maybe want to go to a party on Saturday?"
"Is it a party someone at school is throwing?" George asked.
I responded with a "yeah."
"Will you leave me again like last time?" He continued questioning.
"I won't Georgie."
"Then I don't see why not."

He seemed sure about his answer and so I nodded, turning back to the phone, and staying on there until the brunette grabbed it off of me. "Sleep Pillow." Is all he said to me.
_________________________________________
1266 words.