Single.

Yes, it's based off of the song 'Single' by The Neighborhood. Its my favorite and I listen to it for hours.

Enjoy, Asher's pack. :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being teased by most of your friends was annoying, but... Their teasing was true.

They teased you about your massive crush on Asher, your best friend. The two of you grew up together, and had always been close.

Close enough for everyone to joke that the two of you might as well kiss and get it over with.

He was your shoulder to cry on, he could make you laugh until you cried, he was always there for you, and he'd always leave you a text goodnight.

Asher was always a sweetheart, kind, tall and gentle. Your parents always let him in your room, knowing that they could trust you both not to do anything.

He even took you to the school dance, he asked first with a beautiful rose. Since then, the two of you only got closer.

He always sat with you at lunch, and even swung his arm around your shoulders as the two of you ate.

You two even shared secrets and never kept anything from each other. Asher even told you his secret of him being a werewolf.

You didn't get scared in the slightest. Around you and only you, he'd reveal his ears and tail. Both soft to the touch.

You still have one of his flannels he gave you when you accidentally spilled your drink on your white top.

As embarrassing as it was, he kept eye contact and gave you the flannel off his back to wear for the rest of the school day.

In return, you did get to see his highly muscular chest behind that tank top for the remaining hours of the school day.

You've been wanting to confess, but each time you tried, you'd lock up and quickly change the subject with a flushed face. He would laugh and poke your burning cheek.

Tonight, you didn't expect a visit.

You had just gotten ready for bed, returning your homework to your book bag. Now, laying in bed with your phone in your hands.

Rain pattered down your windows, wind blew the trees and the leaves out of them.

You were about to shut your lamp off for the night, when you got a knock on your window frame.

At first you thought the wind had blew a stick or branch by your window, until you heard it again.

You hesitantly and slowly made your way over to the window, holding a thick book in your right hand ready to smack a weirdo if you needed to.

An orange eye brightened when you made eye contact with it, Asher smiled and waved to you.

You let out a sigh in relief as you unlock and open the window for him, helping him into the window with your free arm.

Once finally inside, he shook off the rain water like a dog, his tail and ears damp from the rain.

He moves his hair to the side and smiles. "Thanks for lettin' me in y/n. Its rainin' cats an' dogs out there." He chuckles.

"What are you doing here?" You ask him, sitting on the edge of your bed with your hands in your lap.

He removes his fuzzy camo themed coat and sets it aside on your dresser. "I wanted ta see ya. There's been.. A lot on my mind lately."

"Oh?" You lift a brow as he takes his boots off by the window, then he takes a seat next to you, fiddling with his hands.

"Is everything okay?" You scoot closer to him, resting your head on his shoulder.

He nods as his cheeks flush a soft pink. "I've.. Wanted ta tell ya somethin' for a while now."

His warm hand cups your cheek, making you turn your head, your cheeks flush as he softly pecks your lips with his soft ones.

After a second or two he pulls away. "I've.. Always liked ya since sixth grade, its funny really. Fallin' for ya best friend.. Kinda cheesy isn't it?"

You smile and pull him into a hug, holding him close you kiss his cheek. "I've always liked you too, Ash."

He smiles, with two little fangs being revealed, he hugs you back with a warm embrace. His fluffy tail even wrapping around you.

"I love ya y/n. More than anythin'." He pecks your forehead.

That night the two of you fell asleep the happiest you've ever been, right where you two belonged, in each others arms.

End. Short and sweet like me. No, actually I'm kind of cranky most of the time. XD