Siren's treasure.

For my sister since she loves our murderous fish boi.

And someone asked for him, so here ya go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ship rocked as you sent your last patient out for the day. Being the only female on a ship full of pirates wasn't exactly the greatest.. But luckily you had the captain to keep his men in check.

You had been kidnapped by them a couple months ago, they needed a medic and quickly took you from your old life.

Which, wasn't so bad. You stayed on the ship most of the time whenever they went to rob from another ship, or steal beer from a tavern on land.

Lately, things have been oddly quiet. Captain Red eye grew more and more irritated, each day. Hardly any ships drifted by them anymore.

There was a reason for that, but he didn't believe it. The legend was that these waters were cursed with the beast that lived beneath the waves.

It would sink ships under the darkness of the night, nothing remained of them besides the blood stained shores.

The area surrounded the shores of Australia, it had small pieces of islands, yet the beast was known to lure you off the safety of land and into its jaws.

Captain red eye didn't believe the old tales, he found them foolish and just a tale to scare sailors away from some kind of treasure.

He stood at the end of the ship and looked down at the tinted waves, bright blue yet murky with cloudy blood mixed within it. This had to be the place.

He ordered you to stay in your quarters, just in case any of his men did get injured again. By a beast or a shark.

You sat in your room, laying on your side, your blanket wrapped around your body.

It was just another one of they're treasure hunts, you didn't need to worry. You told yourself over and over.

You hated the feeling this place gave you..

You shook your head and closed your eyes, they would wake you up when they needed you.

For now, you needed to rest your uneasy mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had woken up not an hour later when the ship had hit something, making you quickly jolt out of bed and out to the deck.

It was too quiet. All that could be heard was the waves rocking the boat against the shore.

Your crew was nowhere to be seen, your eyes widened in horror seeing the fresh blood on the deck. It had sprayed across the side, dripping into the water.

Captain red eye's hat was found, it had been shredded, the feather had droplets of blood splashed on it.

A few swords were abandoned on the deck, one of them having a bright teal fish like scale, it glowed under the moonlight in your hands.

Had.. Had they abandoned you? Or.. Where the legends true? A cold shill ran down your spine as you slowly looked over the railing.

A large fin thrashed in the water, a large tail black and lined beautifully with shimmering teal scales. Much like the one in your hands.

A loud crunch was heard before it finally surfaced, the sight of it had left you in a mix of shock, fear and awe.

It was.. It seemed to have the skull of a skeleton, it even had ribs showing under its withered coat, it had small fins by its temples.

It had a large dorsal fin on top of its head, currently up with small spikes filling the edges. Its fins glowed a soft teal it shimmering under the moonlight.

One of its eyes were covered by a patch it looked like, the other eye glowing brighter then the rest of its body.

Its teeth.. If you could call those teeth, were sharp and he had lots of them. Possibly multiple rows as well. One fang was gold.

You had no idea how long you had been staring down at it before it's eye met yours, making you whimper and quickly back away once its smirk widened.

You had fallen on your backside when you heard wood being crushed under its claws as it climbed the side of the ship.

Much to your horror, it finally got its bulky figure onto the deck, its eye boring into your very soul. Its large fishlike tail swished as it crawled closer to you.

Its left hand was a hook, giving it more leverage against the old wooden deck, while its other was boney with sharp ebony claws stained crimson.

It was fast despite not having legs, and such a long tail, it had to be at least nine feet long.

Its hook was cold against your chin, as it made eye contact with you, its smirk widened. "Aren't you a pretty lass?"

You shivered at his voice, it was.. Seductive, luring, and husky.. His voice was laced with a very attractive Australian accent.

You had fallen limp in his arms, the last thing you had seen was those razor like teeth widening into a smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scent of sea salt filled your nose even in your tried state. You sat up and waited for your eyes to adjust to the sunlight.

Warm sand was beneath you, a tall palm tree was over your head, saving you from getting a nasty sunburn.

Where.. You on land? Had you slept on a beach? Where even were you?

The island you were on wasn't very big, you could see the other side if you squinted.

"You sleep alright there love?" A chuckle catches your attention, you jump when you see its the same.. Thing from last night.

It laid at the end of the beach, his tail swaying behind him, he had his head propped up on his hands.

"G'mornin' there angel fish. I was just waitin' here for ya. What would you like for breakfast?" He asks with a soft smile, well.. As soft as one could make with those weapons he had for teeth.

"Where am I? What are you! And what happened to my crew!?" You yell, backing away from him.

He chuckles, letting one of his arms fall against the sand while the other props his finned skull. "There's no need to worry there my pearl. I've taken care of it all. You'll be safe here, as long as ya try not to leave. Not like you could.." He mutters the last part.

"As for me, me names Bryce. I've been terrorizing the sailors here since I was just a wee guppy. Your modern sea monster if ya will." He snickers.

Your eyes widen. He was the beast from the legend.. He killed your crew.. But.. Why had he spared you?

Or was he lying?

Your mind argued with the feeling his voice did to your body and soul, it was odd.. Just him talking alone was enough to calm down your worries.

"Now, what do ya want? I can open those coconuts for ya if ya need me to. And don't look so down my little sand dollar, I'll keep ya safe." He runs his thumb across your cheek.

You had no idea what made you get this close to him, but your cheeks flushed at how soft his touch was despite how sharp his claws were.

He chuckles and curls a strand of your hair with a single phalange. "I'll be back soon sea star, I've gotta make sure my little human isn't starved."

He sends you one last smile before disappearing under the waves once more, you can faintly see his body glowing as he speeds under the water.

You held your chest trying to calm your thumping heart, what exactly was he doing with you?

You were terrified, yet.. Excited to find out.

End..! There ya go. Hope you enjoyed!