Chapter 61: Infiltrate

"It's located underground. Underneath the Planeptune Basilicom. In the forgotten nation, of Tari."

Hearing the word Tari made Alex tense up while leaving a confused Ed and Al as Kunsil just sighed.

When it came to Gamindustri's history, Alex didn't really know much about but he at least knew the bare minimum to get by.

All Alex knew of Tari was that it was the first ever nation to be run by a CPU well before the current four nations were ever established, and that Tari eventually fell from grace, as Planeptune would be built over Tari's remains with the specific location of the nation being directly under the Planeptune Basilicom.

While it was absolutely wonderful to have the location of the supposed impostor, there was just one issue about the location.

"Wait Uncle Roy. Isn't Tari........." trailed Alex before Kunsil finished his sentence.

"It's illegal for absolutely anyone, even the CPUs and Candidates, to enter Tari indeed any condition. Its been an order kept in place by Histoire for decades now. Reason why is because there could potentially be many deadly things in there within Tari's remains that no one up here even knows about." Said Kunsil.

"Y-Yeah. I remember a few years ago that Histoire had sent many of her guards to go find and then seal up all known entrances into Tari. Practically none are left and none have been found to this day." Said Alex.

Roy heard this and merely chuckled to himself.

"That's because no one outside of Planeptune has tried yet. How do you think we got the location?" Asked Roy with a smirk.

"No way. You actually managed to find an entrance!?" Asked Ed.

"Yep. A day after the 2nd incident, I sent a couple of our men posing as Planeptune Basilicom guards to go out and try their absolute best at finding an entrance by locating alchemical energy. Sure enough hidden deep in the forest was a entrance to Tari undiscovered and undisturbed by wildlife. My men suggested that it be safer to head to the entrance via air support. So we've rented out a helicopter for tomorrow morning. You four will be going to investigate the ruins and then report anything intresting." Said Roy.

The four nodded in agreement as Roy leaned back in his chair.

"Excellent you all agreed. Well then, you four are excused to leave my office."

The four nodded as they all eventually left Roy's office and closed his door.

Once Roy was left alone, he began to ponder to himself about the upcoming event.

'To what I was told, they said that the alchemical power they felt was off the charts. Even more so than a fully powered Philosopher's Stone. If that's indeed true, then I truly fear whatever lurks within the ruins. I just hope those four come back to me alive.' Thought Roy as he just hoped for the best outcome tomorrow.

[Later that day]

After spending the majortiy of the afternoon at HQ, Alex had finally made it back to the apartment complex, entering it and then closing the door.