Chapter 12: The Trip Back

Location: Lastation Basilicom

Huddled on the main screen were the four main CPUs and Histoire obviously being the center.

A day had passed since Alex Õ and Kunsil took their first trip to the Gamindustri Graveyard and no information about the trip had been revealed yet until today.

Unfortunately, the information wasn't what they wanted to hear.

"Let's begin." Said Histoire. "Yesterday Alex Õ and Kunsil were both choosen and sent out to the Graveyard to find the cause of the sudden spike in monster infestations around the area. Unfortunately, not much could be found out. According to Kunsil, once they got at a good vantage point to scout the area, Alex Õ had suddenly vanished and Kunsil was surrounded and forced to retreat."

As Histoire finished her explanation, Blanc took over the conversation. "According to Kunsil, although they didn't find the exaxt reasoning behind the momsters' controlled like state, they definitely felt like something withing the big tower in the center if the graveyard was causing this."

The other goddesses took in this information with Vert then asking the obvious.

"What should we should about it? Send a team now to retrieve him or wait?"

Histoire sighed and laid out the only two options at the moment. "Well, at the moment we have only two options. We can send a team today with the sole purpose of trying to retrieve back the other Alex and run the risk of also losing that squad, or we wait until everyone is prepared and run the risk of potentially losing the other Alex forever."

The group pondered over which decision to make.

While it was logical to preserve and rest up, they couldn't do that at the expense of another's life.

It was clearly obvious that they had to send out a team, but, this time a team of only two wasn't a safe bet.

"It's obvious that sending a retrieval squad makes the most sense." Said Histoire. "Alright then. I'll send out a team of 4. Since nothing extremely dire has happened, the CPUs will stay here within the Basilicoms."

"Let me in on it! I wanna get out there involved in some action!" Excitedly said Uzume.

"Are you sure?" Asked Histoire. "You just got here for a visit."

It was obvious that Uzume wasn't gonna be denied so with that she was the first to be added to the retrieval squad.

With Uzume in, Nepgear immediately volunteered to be in.

No one went against her as it was fairly obvious that Nepgear felt guilty for not being able to make the original trip to the Graveyard due to her getting sick.

That left two spots open for the squad.

Before that could be settled, the elevator doors to the Lastation Basilicom's Living Room opened and in walked in Alex.

"Sorry I'm late. My mom forced me to have a makeover for some weird reason. Something about my old look being outdated." He said.

Uni checked him out first obviously and smiled. "Well your mom clearly outdid herself. You've become and instant 10." Said the candidate approving Alex's new look

" Said the candidate approving Alex's new look