Chapter 7: Resurfacing

The last thing heard was a second splash into the water.

Alex essentially was so focused that he channeled out any sound and feeling so he could focus immensely on rescuing her.

Hell he wasn't even swimming properly and was just thrasing to go deeper into the water until he finally saw it.

Noire's twintails which was now just long flowing Black hair as her ribbons had been undone due to the water.

As he saw her, he immediately began to desend faster.

'Black Heart, Noire's the CPU of Lastation. A girl I hate who's also the older sibling of my girlfriend. Hell. She hates as well. But, but..."

Alex finally grabbed her hand and immediately tried to head back up

'I can't just let her die here!'

On a small island, Noire began to cough and gasp for air, as she removed all the water that had filled her lungs.

"Where, am I?" She asked.

"Oh, right. I, fell off the ferry..."

Noire turned to look behind her and saw Alex laid down as her eyes widened, as she had faintly seen Alex in the water grabbing her hand.

"He, jumped into save me?"

Noire crawled over and kneeled next to Alex.

"This is awful. Not only could I not take care of myself, I even put my sister's boyfriend in danger. Hey. Alex. You okay?"

Noire shook Alex a little only to receive no reaction. "H-Huh? H-Hey wake up. Don't mess around with me Alex! Please!" She shouted a little getting tears in her eyes.

"Your kidding right! Come on wake up!"

Noire shook his head and tried lightly smacking his cheeks to wake him up.

All received no interaction as Alex remained motionless with his eyes closed and no breathing.

Noire immediately began to panic and looked around to see they were literally stranded on this island.

She looked back to Alex and placed her hands on his chest.

"Crap what was it? I think, pump the chest thirty times."

Noire immediately began to pump Alex's chest trying to get a response.

"Come on! You better not be faking!" She shouted as she continued to pump his chest.

'Why? Why'd you go so far for me? You knew you couldn't swim and had aquaphobia so why save me?'

"Your such a fool. You live your life, and I live mine. We agreed on it after my interrogation right?"

Eventually, Noire stopped as she had done thirty pumps yet not one initiated a response from Alex.

Noire panted heavily, remembering something Uni had told her shortly after she and Alex first became a couple two years ago.

'Noire. He did what he did to save us. To save you, the goddess he respects so much. He isn't a bad guy. He's just misunderstood. I realized that, and, I hope on day you'll realize that too.'

Noire eyes widened, her blush, not her sickness blush but an actual blush developed.

She had realized what she needed to do.