Chapter 45: After Remembrance

When the video ended, Kiana looked at it if she had just witnessed a murder happen in front of you.

Alex was simply shocked and looked at Otto while Otto merely looked away as Kevin gave a small sigh.

"I-I....." was Kiana could muster.

"It seems you finally remembered." Said Kevin.

"T-That's right. I'm..." she trailed off again.

"Kiana..." softly said Alex.

"K-Kiana? No... that's not right. I'm.. I'm not Kiana!" She shouted.

Otto had no choice but to finally speak.

"The girl named Kiana Kaslana is currently missing. The "Kiana" that stands before us, is the clone K-423." Said Otto as Alex stared at him in disbelief.

'First he did it to Kaitlyn and then he did it to Kiana!?' Thought Alex as he shouted in his head.

Kiana, K-423 fell onto her knees as Kevin spoke.

"K-423 was created for only one purpose. To keep the 2nd Herrscher, Sirin alive so he could use her to bring back her dead fiance. Unfortunately for Otto, once Sirin had finally awakened, he had abandoned that plan long ago. Either way, it doesn't excuse the fact that K-423 was living a false life. She was never the human girl known as Kiana Kaslana. She was always the clone, simply numbered K-423." Explained Kevin.

"In the previous cruel reality, K-423 has to live with the burden of being a clone while also not living with her own parents. I decided to give K-423 what she truly desired, living life with her parents as if she were the real Kiana like she has believed to be. Don't you think this is perfect for her?"

"I've has enough of your high and mighty rationalization. Your reality isn't giving anybody free will and the choice to do what they want. They're basically forced to live without having the ability to forge their own path." Said Otto.

"So that's how you see things, huh? That's unfortunate. You don't truly understand what I did this. My goal is to save everyone in the world like Ms. Kaslana by ending all suffering and erasing all the Honkai from existence!" Said Kevin with intensity.

Otto simply kept quiet as Alex had no words to add to the situation.

"My work will convert the wishes of the people into reality. Even as we speak, my promise is slowly being achieved. No one will ever have to suffer again under the yoke of an unfair world. I have no intentions to abuse my position of power. I simply want to save humanity, and keep the promise I made." Said Kevin.

Alex was shocked at Kevin's dedication as well as the fact that even at this moment, he still felt no malicious intent from him.

Otto though wasn't solld on his words. "Tch. What total nonsense." He said.

"You could be right. Still though, I'm entirely seriois about changing our imperfect reality. Just as she was saved by becoming the real Kiana in this reality, I'll save every other person in the world currently suffering. In fact, it's my responsibility to do so. You can see how this world's the duty upon me." Said Kevin continuing his passionate speech.

"Then, what's gonna happen to the old reality?" Asked Alex.

"I don't know for certain. It'll most likely be treated as if it never existed. The cruel reality will cease to be, and the reality I generate will be the sole world recognized by society." Said Kevin.

"What makes you assume we'll buy into your brainwashing and just live in the palm of your hand?" Asked Otto. "Honestly, that's absolutely revolting."

"Alright then. That's your answer Otto Apocalypse." Said Kevin as he turned to look down at K-423. "How about the others? Ms. Kaslana, allow me to ask you this. Which reality do you wish to inhabit?" He asked which suprised her.

"If you so desire, you can return to your life as K-423, but if you'd rather continue your life as Kiana Kaslana, I can grant that wish for you as well."

K-423 struggled to answer Kevin.

"I..........I." was all she could say again.

"Kiana! Don't be manipulated!" Shouted Alex at her which only made her decision hard to make.

"I-It's impossible. I'm sorry, Alex. I, I can't go back to living as a clone. I don't want to be alone anymore!" She said.

"Please. Don't judge her. This is evidence of just how pitiful life is for her." Softly spoke Kevin. "You two sensed doubts forming in the reality I manifested. That's what brought you here. Please, remember this as well. You two aren't excluded from the people I wish to save."

Kevin then turned to face Alex. "Young boy. What's your name?" He asked.

"A-Alex. Alex Mustang."

"Alex Mustang huh? Come now. Won't you accept my reality for your own happiness?"

Alex was caught off guard but managed to stay firm. "No thanks. I'll find my own happiness." He said.

"No deal so far huh?" Said Kevin.

Suddenly, all the spotlights turned on blinding the three.

One of the phantom doctors had appeared and then turned its arm into a tentacle as it reached out, grabbing K-423 and pulling her away from the two.

She had been knocked unconscious from the sudden movment.

"Just what do you think your doing with her!?" Asked Otto.

The tentacle then slowly laid K-423 in Kevin's arms.

"I won't harm her. It's in her best interest that you turn back. You've made it clear that you reject the reality she desires. The reality where she lives as the real Kiana Kaslana."

"THIS ISN'T REALITY!" Shouted Alex as he had grown irritated.

"It saddens me when you speak like that. Don't you understand? You deny her wishes when you say such things." Said Kevin.

"Her wishes, huh?" Said Otto.

"This isn't just for her. This is also for yourselves as well. I honestly do want to come with terms with you. We should talk. Think about it. You both have dreams, no? I have the power to make them come true. My reality can become just the way you like." Said Kevin

Otto had yet to be convinced though. "Total waste of my time." He said.

Kevin looked down somberly. "A shame, but, I understand." He said.

"Well then, we just have to resort to force now, don't we?" Asked Otto.

"Violence, is not my thing."

Kevin turned to the doc as it slowly walked ahead, twitching a bit before it began to shape and then take form into a large tentacled monstrosity.

"I agree though. It seems we're out of options here."

Chapter 45: End