Chapter 68: Finishing the Job

"AL YOU DUMMY!" Yelled Ed.

Father was shocked to see Ed's arm return as Ed clapped his hands and immediately transmuted a pillar from the groun as it collided into Father's gut sending him away.

With his restored right arm, Ed pulled the metal that pinned his left arm out.

Father rolled on the ground until he stood up, only to receive a barraged of pillars to the face from Ed as he transmitted a massive bunch of them.

Everyone looked on in shock to seeing Father getting pummeled as Ed then transmitted a javelin and threw it will at the strength he could at Father as it collided

The right side of his face, includong hos eye was destroyed as Father screamed in agony, with black liquid pouring out from the wound.

As the scene unfolded, everyone present at the battle began to cheer on Edward, showering him with appluads and encouragment as Ed and Father charged and then jumped at one another, before Ed punched him right in the face as Father was knocked down, Ed standing before him.

"Come on you novice! This fight ain't over yet!" Shouted Ed.

Father slowly got up before the two charged at one another again.

Ed then struck Father on the side of his face knocking him back.

'I don't understand!' Shouted Father in his head. 'How can this happen when I've absorbed God!? How can a mere human, a meager alchemist, with his bare hands!'

Ed continued to land punch after punch on Father as the almighty being got more and more staggered before Ed punched a hole right through Father's stomach and then uppercutted as he was launched into the air and fell onto the ground, eyes closed.

Everyone cheered as Father had been defeated.

As the cheers went on, Ed turned his attention to find the soulless armored body of Alphonse as Alex and Akari were kneeling over it.

Kunsil landed down next to Alex and reverted back to normal.

"From the looks of it, we've won." Said Kunsil.

"Yeah but....." trailed off Alex as he looked back at Alphonse. "It seems Alphonse is gone for good. Sacrificing his soul away to help our cause."

Ed walked up to them and looked at the armor staying quiet.

"Edward. I've got the toll. I can tap into Truth's power and make a stone for you to bring back Alphonse." Offered Alex.

Ed just sighed.

"I, can't. As much as I want to, I can't. I promised Al we'd never use a Philosopher's Stone." Said Ed, as he tried to think of an alternative way to bring back Alphonse.

That was until Ed looked at his hands, and an idea struck him, as he stood up and walked over to grab a discarded stick that was among the rubble.

Edward then began to draw a transmutation circle on the ground until he was done.