Chapter 20: The Day After

As the monsters went away as well as the behemoth Dark Orange, Orange Heart reverted back into Uzume as she met back up with Alex Õ.

"Hey where's the other you? We should get going now and not keep the others waiting." Said Uzume.

Alex Õ simply smiled and walked on ahead. "Don't worry. We'll wait for him with the others. Come on."

With that Alex Õ and Uzume walked back to reunite with the CPUs and Kunsil.

As that was happening, Alex continued to hug and console Kurome as she had continued to sob albeit a bit more softly.

"Don't worry anymore. I believe you can start over and live a new life. One not festered with delusion, malice, and despair. If you ever need help on the path for your new life, come to me. I'll be there for you every step of the way."

Kurome simply hugged Alex a bit tighter as she kept quiet for a bit in the embrace until she finally spoke.

"Why? You saw how hellbent I was on destroying this world. This dimension. Why not kill me?" She asked as Alex had an easy response.

"Simple. I only kill thoose who're irredeemable. I knew you could redeem yourself. You just needed somebody to truly accept you. I don't want people to be alone like how I used to be. That in turn made me realize that I could save you from yourself without killing." Said Alex with a smile as Kurome looked down again.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome. Now, let's go back. I'll try my best to convince the others."

Kurome nodded as Alex took her hand and began to walk away from the tower.

[The Next Day]

Alex felt utterly drained today.

He didn't feel the effects of yesterday until late last night and when his tiredness hit, he fell asleep immediately and was sluggish as hell.

This obviously caused Akari to worry again and ask about what he did yesterday.

Even though the mission had been completed, Alex still wanted to keep the mission confidential between him, the CPUs, and Kunsil so again he simply told Akari that he stayed up too late again.

Whether or not his mom believed him, Alex didn't know as he had been called immediately over to the Basilicom.

As Alex walked on his way there, he reminisced to yesterday after the battle.

When he had returned to the others with Kurome in hand, they were obviously shocked as to why she was still alive to which Alex stated that he'd explain everything once they were together with Histoire.

With that, everyone had left the graveyard and all met up at the Planeptune Basilicom with IF and Compa also attending the meeting as well.

With everyone there, Alex stated how he believed that Kurome can change and that she should be given a second chance.

While initially outraged at Alex's bold and reckless decision, the CPUs, the candidates, Kunsil, Histoire, IF, and Compa had all eventually come to respect his decision, but would still keep their guard up when around Kurome for however long she was staying.

With that settled Alex and decided to spend the day with Kurome to ease her into normal every day life.

As they did so Kurome was immensely shocked to see a decent amount of people remembering and even apologizing to her for rejecting her reign as CPU.

As the day went on, Kurome worriedly told Alex about how she might turn against all of them again if it was in her nature.

Alex though immediately shot it down as he stated that even though it was bold, he would place his full trust in Kurome for her to handle change.

The day had ended and Kurome had not only opted to stay at a hotel on her own, but also told Alex that she'd be going back to the Zero Dimension alongside Uzume the next day.

With that being said, Alex and Kurome bid each other farewell as the former dark cpu and thanked him for everything.

Back to the present day, Alex had arrived at the Basilicom seeing Noire, Uni, and Alex Õ there awaiting the group call.

As Alex walked into view, Alex Õ walked over to him and slung his arm over his shoulder and ruffled his hair. "Not bad kid. Gotta say even that impressed me even though I had done something similar myself." He said with a smile as Alex shook him off and fixed his hair.

"Thanks." He said as Alex Õ walked back to the Lastation sisters.

Before Alex could join them, he got a call from Kunsil as he answered.

"Yo Kunsil? What do you need?"

"I just wanna congratulate you on a job well done. You definitely handled yourself well out there. You even took a chance when everyone was against it. I'm glad we got to work together again. May I our paths cross again one day." He said.

"Yeah. I hope so too." Said Alex as he ended the call with a smile.

He joined the other three as the group call with the other CPUs and Histoire had begun.

As expected it was a short call as Histoire had only really arranged this meeting just to congratulate everyone on a job well done and report that all the monsters had went away and hoped that this would bring peace to Gamindustri for another long period.

With that, everyone bid each other goodbye as the call ended.

As it did, Alex was grabbed and brought aside by Alex Õ for a quick word.

"Hey kid. Turns out the emeralds have already regained their full power. I'll be leaving tomorrow morning. I've already bid my farewell to the CPUs and Kunsil. I'd appreciate it if you were there to see me off tomorrow at the spot we first met." Said Alex Õ as Alex smiled and nodded.

"No worries. I'll definitely be there." He said.

"Thanks. See ya tomorrow then." He said as he left the living room.

Yet again though before Alex could leave, Alex felt a tap on his shoulder and saw it was Uni this time.

"Hey. Anything you wanna say?" He asked

"Let's go on a date. An actual one this time."

Chapter 20: End

Warning: Lemon in next chapter