Chapter 6: To The Present

"It was you, Black Heart."

When Alex said that, Black Heart couldn't respond or even react for a solid 2 minutes.

The goddess of a nation being accused of causing the death of her people?

That was where she crossed the line.

"H-How outrageous!? Are you purposely trying to get the death sentence!? How dare you accuse me! You were the one who committed it weren't you!? Then there's no possible connection that could make you accuse me!"

Before Black Heart could continue ranting, Alex slammed his fists onto the table to shut her up.

"If your giving me a chance to explain myself then shut the hell up and let me talk!" Shouted Alex.

It got Black Heart to go quiet and continue listening.

Alex sighed.

It seemed like he really didn't wanna revisit this moment in his life.

But he had too.

"Ever since my birth, Lastation had been my only home I ever knew. Especially the slums. Yeah we weren't ever close to being in the middle class, but we salvaged what we could and made a nice living and culture within the area. Black Ops HQ was built in front of the hill that the slums were behind. Ever since then, Black Ops HQ became our guradians."

Black Heart was now a little afraid to move on. Even though Alex was certain he was gonna die here, he wouldn't just randomly blame her for such a major incident without a reason behind it.

"H-How it go wrong?" She asked.

"The slums were never close to mainland Lastation. Even with that fact, the Lastation Slums were your biggest source of shares when compared to the rest of Lastation and the 3rd larget amount total behind Downtown Planeptune and Urban Leanbox." He said as Black Heart nodded.

"In the office laws all CPUs must abide by, it says it's mandatory for all CPUs to do a flyby check up on their nations colonies on the first day of every month. That includes the main city, urban areas, rural areas, and the slums. Throughout my entire time living in the slums, not ONCE did you ever check up on us. For SEVEN bloody fucking years, you NEVER flewby and checked up on us!" Yelled Alex catching Black Heart off guard.

He was speaking the truth.

She never did check up on the slums once.

Not cause of far away it was or cause she forgot.

The slums just gave Black Heart a really eerie and untrustworthy vibe.

She always felt that if she had went to the slums, something would've happened to her.

As she didn't respond, Alex took that as a sign to keep talking.

"Cause of that, for the last 3 years of the slums' existence, my father, who was the leader, led a major secret force that somehow always managed to steal weapons, not just any weapons, but actual good, elite weapons from your own men in your army. They collected so much in two years, that a coup d'état was inevitable." He said as Black Heart now was hearing the consequence of her decision.

"On the last year, it was official. The slums were gonna start the coup d'état and it could've been at a moment's notice. Civil War in Lastation was gonna happen. That was, until I did what I did, and massacred all the slums. I did it, save the nation I grew up to love. I did it, to protect the goddess, the CPU I looked up to and admired as a child." Said Alex with a shaky voice as tears dropped onto the table. "I-I killed everyone. My friends. M-My own mom, just to protect everyone else, you, Uni."