Chapter 58: The Second Incident

The remainder of that day had been nothing short of just bizzare for Alex.

It was clear that what had happened that morning just didn't sit right with him or with anybody at HQ for that matter.

It hurted to know that they were framed and yet no one knows or even wants to attempt to figure it out.

It left Alex and HQ in a defenseless state as they had no choice but to keep quiet and hope that in the coming days that everyone else would find out the truth

It was sunset as Alex sat on the couch looking at the TV which had been left on the news and at this point was just recapping what had happened this morning.

Alex just couldn't fathom the idea that someone framed them by severing one of the partnerships they had.

The only thing Alex couldn't think of was a reason as to why someone would attempt to sabotage them now.

Nonetheless this was gonna be hard to manage.

All Alex could hope for was the best as he got up, turning off the TV and walking to his room as he laid on the bed and sighed to himself as he went to sleep, hoping tomorrow would end up better.

[Meanwhile]

Back in the underground throne room, Father sat in his seat with a smirk on his face.

"Just as I expected. The public's natural hate towards HQ is so massive that they won't even bother to check that they were fake employees. Now that I've severed HQ's strongest connection, it's time that I plan my next action. After all, it's only important that the predatir isolates its prey before striking." Said Father as he chuckled to himself.

It was clear that Father was the one who had sent out the fake HQ workers to go out and kill the Black Jack men.

After going quiet for a bit, Father snapped his fingers as approaching was

Four white, zombie like humanoids with red markings on them.

They approached the throne and theb just stood up seeming to await orders.

"You four. It's time that we move onto the next step. You all did well in faking as HQ men. Everyone had bought into the story and now HQ is down one subordinate. However, there's still one subordinate that remains for HQ. A pesky fly in the sky. Take one of their employees. Do what you must. This all commences tomorrow." Said Father.

The white humanoids groaned in what seemed like acceptance as they all walked away into the shadows as Father smiled.

"Slowly but surely, step by step, the day of reckoning is approaching at a faster pace."