Chapter 56: Going Back

Alex snapped his fingers and using up all the power he had left, engulfed Kevin in a poweful burst of fire as the white haired male fell down to the floor.

Alex dropped back down and landed on the floor as everyone went to Kevin as he struggled to get up.

"W-Why?" He said. "I gave up everything......I dedicated all that I have to this, but I still, why?"

"Your denying reality." Said Alex.

"I'm, denying reality?" Asked Kevin before chuckling a bit as he stood up. "You nailed it. It's true that I turned my back on the original reality. But where's the harm in that!? When it grows to be too much, too painful.......every person deserves to escape that!" He shouted before calming down. "In all honesty, it's best for a person's growth when they tackle their own hardships, but, reality doesn't always make that so feasible! No matter how much you try, or work for so long,  the smallest injustice can wipe it all out! Leave you with nothing. Don't you, of all people, understand that!?" Asked Kevin to Alex.

The Lastation Slum Massacre.

The Ishvalan War of Extermination.

Two key events that built the animosity against Alex.

Animosity that he indeed always found an annoyance.

How people could take two things that happened in the past, things that could've easily been avoided, and yet are still brought up against him to this day.

Even so, Alex never let either bring him down as he kept moving on with life.

"Even so, you move on. You look toward the future." Said Alex which kept Kevin shocked and quiet.

"Ya know, there probably are plenty of people who'd ultimately benefit from your 'reality'." Said Yae. "What about the people who want to take on the world for themselves though? How's it right to rob them of their opportunities?" Asked Yae.

K-423 decided to talk as she stepped forward. "I don't think what your saying is wrong either Kevin. Some people want to run from their pain and cling to some other version of reality........like I used to, but the knowledge I gained through that pain, and my desire to move on....those are even more precious to me! I won't let anyone take them from me again!" She said.

"Ms. Kaslana........" quietly said Kevin. "So, you truly, don't want it huh? Looks like I'm totally finished. "

As that was said, the reality the palace existed in began to fade away as the palace began to crumble and break down.

In an instant, Mei, K-424, and Bronya all went into their Herrscher forms as Thunder and Void lifted people to the exit and Reason on her bike drove them to it.

After a bit that only left Void and Alex as she picked him up and began to fly back to the exit, until Void barely managed to avoid a sudden streak of flames that charged at her.

"What the!?"

Both Alex and Void looked down to see Kevin somehow standing on a glass bridge at the top of the crumbling palace.

He was looking directly and Alex as he lookes back at him.

"Kiana. Tell the others I'll be busy. It won't take that long." Said Alex as he broke free of her grasp and skydived to the bridge.

BGM: Swear to my Bones from Persona 5