Chapter 41: Strange Occurrences

A new day had arrived as the air felt much more chilly than befote as a cold front was here to stay for a few weeks.

Alex yawned and slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes to stay awake.

After a bit he was fully awake as he left his room and went towards the living room ready to eat breakfast.

As he arrived there he saw the usual crowd of his mom Akari and big sis Akame.

Alex however noticed something extrmely odd though.

Sitting next to Akame drinking coffee, was his own father Akira Mustang.

Alex was shocked and wondered if he was still sleeping and in a dream.

"Akame. Slap me very hard please." Asked Alex.

Akame was immediately confused but went ahead and slapped him anyways.

It definitely dazed Alex but when he snapped out of it, he saw that his father was still there.

'What the hell is going on? This feels like a dream, but, it isn't.' He thought to himself.

"You okay there kiddo?" Asked his father. "Bad dream or something?"

"U-Um, yeah." Was all Alex could say.

He didn't get an intimidating or evil feeling from his father like he did the last time he saw him before he killed him.

He felt, nice. Like a normal loving father would act.

Alex decided to go ask Akari about it as she, being the goddess of time, would understand this error in the timeline.

"Hey mom." Said Alex as he whispered into her ear. "Isn't, Akira supposed to be dead?" He asked her to which Akari gave him a shocked stare before chuckling.

"Of course not Alex. Why would you wanna split apart our happy family?" She asked.

"N-No I didn't mean it like that!" He stammered to say.

"Well whatever you meant the answer is no. As you can clearly see your father is alive and well." She said.

Alex sighed as Akari unfortunately couldn't help him out in this situation.

"Hey. Where's Yae? Usually she'd be awake already by this time?" Asked Alex.

"Yae? She's been busy looking after her village and younger sister Yae Rin."

Now that immediately confused Alex as he remembered Yae telling him her past and how her younger sister had been killed as a sacrifice by her own village.

First seeing his father alive, and now hearing about Yae's younger sister somehow being alive just added more to Alex's confusement.

After an awkward breakfast for Alex, he made his way towards HQ to check if anything weird was going on there.

Surely enough there was as he was people there he didn't recognize, some who he knew were dead and yet were still alive somehow, and most shockingly he saw that Bradley was still alive and in charge as well as Edward and Alphonse having their normal bodies back and hanging out with their mother and father.

So many weird things were happening yet Alex didn't know why they hadn't noticed yet.

'Why is everyone being so oblivious to all the weird shit happening around them?'

Before he could rack his brain over this some more, he received a text from Uni and read it to see that she wanted to go onto a date.

Alex immediately accepted just so he could have a nice distraction from whatever was going on.