Chapter 30: One Down

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

[The Next Day]

Morning had arrived as Alex got up and got himself prepped up and ready as he left his room and to his surprise saw Akame on the couch already done preparing herself.

"Wow. Your a fast one." He said.

"Well I did wake up earlier so I was just here waiting for you to finish." She replied back to him.

Alex chuckled as she stood up and walk towards him.

"Hopefully this all goes well. On the plus side, I wonder if we'll be able to work well together." She said.

Alex nodded as he also felt the same. "Yeah I hope so as well. Let's go to the spot and meet up with Becky." He said.

With that they left the complex and began making their way to the meet up spot as it took a decent while walking through the city.

Eventually they made it out of the city and walked into the forest entrance as they sat and waited for the third wheel.

They didn't have to wait long though as shortly heavy metal steps were heard as they looked up to see Becky in her power armor

Akame was easily startled as she hid behind Alex as he chuckled.

"Wow Becky. You got quite the change to your armor." He said.

Akame was shocked as she saw the helmet come off and sure enough saw Becky's head as she was in the armor.

"Yeah I know. This bad boy actually adds a couple of upgrades and enhancements so this is definitely gonna come in handy." She said as she placed her helmet back on. "Anyways let's go ahead and get to our location."

Alex nodded and after calming Akame down, the three walked off along the outskirts of the city and near the forest for a bit.

Soon they saw the entrance to an alleyway as Alex immediately hid behind a wall and had the other two hide as well.

Alex peeked his head out from the corner of the wall making sure no one was there.

Once he was done, Alex walked into the alleyway followed by the other two as they all saw a rundown building with a sign on it

"The Devil's Nest huh? Edgy." Jokingly said Becky.

"Why are we here? This can't be the location rift?" Asked Akame.

"According to reports, this was the last known location of Greed. Might as well hope for the best.' Said Alex.

With that he walked on ahead and managed to sneak inside with the two following behind.