Chapter 49: Decision

[Earlier thar Day. Before Alex and Otto entered the Palace]

"Pardon me. Is-."

Rita had entered Alex's apartment but as she did, she was shocked to see that the other valkyries were there as well sitting on the ouch or standing around it.

"Oh. Um, pleasure to see you all." Said Rita.

"Looks like we've all had the same idea." Said Mei with a chuckle.

"Ate you here to speak with Alex as well?" Asked Theresa.

"Well, I suppose so I guess." Replied Rita. "So, he's not here?"

"He left around noon. Said he was meeting up with Otto." Said Yae. "Anyways Lady Akari said that if we need to, talk about stuff, we can use the living room for a while."

Everyone nodded and went quiet for a bit until Himeko was the first to speak.

"You know, Alex asked me a few days ago. Something along the lines of whether or not I'm okay with how things are. At first I didn't know what he was talking about, but as he kept going, his words started making my chest feel all tight." She said.

"I know what you mean." Said Bronya. "Ever since then, it's like....like something isn't right in my heart anymore."

"I have no complaints about my current life. On the contrary, in fact, I'm truly happy with it." Said Theresa. "If that's the case, then, what's this inkling of a feeling I have deep in my soul?"

Nobody could respond to Theresa's question as they all felt the same, yet, they just couldn't describe or explain what it was.

"This, is quite the issue to sort out." Was all Rita could say. "Hmm. Do you all think we're running from something important?" She asked.

This led to everyone looking at her a little shocked.

"I've been wondering about it for while now. Maybe the reason Alex's words hurt so much, was because he was right. I was too scared to admit that for some reason. That's why I pretended that I didn't understand what he meant." Said Rita.

"When I was speaking with Alex, I felt like....I caught a glimpse of this mysterious sight. Something that shouldn't have happened, but still...I felt like I shouldn't turn away from it." Said Mei.

"Same here." Replied Himeko.

"And myself as well." Said Theresa. "It seems that we really have lost sight of something precious to us after all."

"That, might be." Said Yae. "But....but...I'm terrified to remember what it is. If I remember "that", I feel like my life as I know it is gonna end. But even still, I don't want to feel this way anymore either." She said as the others nodded in agreement.

"Me too." Said Mei.

"I guess that's it huh?" Asked Rita. "Alex was trying to tell us all something important, and I bet he's still probably working on it somewhere. There's no way I'm gonna bail on him just so I keep running from, whatever it is."

"When I had that strange experience you all mentioned, I saw Alex and the rest of us there together. I want to believe the connection we share here is a genuine one." Said Theresa.

"Well, I know if we don't do something soon, we're gonna lose our connection with Alex." Said Himeko. "Don't ask how I know. It just feels like the truth to me."

"I admit I am happy right now, but, I just can't accept the situation as it is." Said Yae. "I'm done with trying to escape my problems."