Chapter 42: Unexpected Help

Alex definitely didn't expect THE Otto Apocalypse of Schicksal to merely just have a talk with him.

This was the man who tortured Kaitlyn, his own daughter, to gain his dead fiance back.

Alex himself was the one who not only took his daughter but also took his main enforcer Rita Rossweisse and single handedly shut down Schicksal's Gamindustri Base.

The fact that he only wanted to talk felt suspicious to Alex.

"Why don't you go out and get some fresh air with him?" Said Akari. "I'll stand guard over your lunch for you."

"You say that now, but when he comes back and his lunch is gone, I'm pretty sure he'll suspect that it was an inside job." Said Akira already accusing Akari that she was gonna eat Alex's food.

"I can definitely see that happening with Akari on guard duty." Added Kallen.

As the table group went back to chatting, Otto walked up to Alex who was on the couch and whispered to him. "You know. Don't you?" He said.

Alex was shocked to hear that Otto also knew that something was off.

"You, remember?" Asked Alex.

"That's right. Just like you seem to be. Come on."

With that Otto and Alex both left the apartment complex and made their way to the forest where no one would eavesdrop on them.

"Well then, let's try to sort through this situation." Said Otto.

"Okay then. What exactly is happening?" Asked Alex.

"That seems as good a place to begin at any. A few months ago, you invaded my base here and managed to take away my daughter and main enforcer. Your memory of this is still intact. Correct?" He asked.

"Yeah. I remember very well." Responded Alex as Otto nodded.

"Perhaps the most confusing part of my stort comes post invasion. Obviously as you remember I had no choice but to leave the base as it was and return to my home in England. Yesterday I fell asleep in my home bedroom. Then suddenly, I had awoken here in a bed with my deceased fiance Kallen who was now suddenly alive with no possible explanations." Otto said.

"So you were just suddenly here in an instant?" He asked.

"Yep. I assure you I had absolutely no plans of returning to a place where I had failed to stay in. There is no possible explanation as to how I got here so suddenly, and that's not even the shocking part. What's even more unbelievable to me is..." Trailed Otto as Alex finished his sentence for him.

"Kallen." He said as Otto nodded.

"There right. My own fiance, Kallen Kaslana should be dead. I can't believe she's brought back to life. And I didn't even do a single thing for this to happen. I was shocked to see her alive." He said before looking at Alex. "For the time being, you seem to be the only one who's still in their right frame of mind."

After a few moments of silence, Otto looked sternly at Alex.

"Let's make a deal. What say we join forces on this?" Asked Otto.

Alex awkwardly rubbed his neck. "What would we even be doing?" He asked.

"I want to further investigate what exactly is happening here. I'm fairly certain you wish to find out the same thing, no? For the time being, you and I share the same goal. To solve this problem, don't you agree that it'd be safer for us to partner up?" Asked Otto.

Alex kept quiet as he thought it over.

'He's right about the need for teamwork to deal with this bizzare situation. It may be best to work with Otto on this.' He thought.

"Have you made up your mind?" Asked Otto.

"Alright then. It's a deal. What do you need me to do?" Asked Alex.

"Well, firstly I'm gonna need information. Can you explain to me what you were doing late last night before these weird inaccuracies begun?" Asked Otto.

"Not much. I was just apologizing to and old friend and walked back home with my mom. Everything was normal, at least I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary." Said Alex.

"I see. It seems all the abnormalities just somehow appeared in a snap once midnight had arrived. With the exception of us, all of our friends, allies, and acquaintances are all living in this altered reality without even realizing it."

Before Otto could continue, Alex's phone suddenly went off as he looked at him.

"Go ahead." Said Otto allowing Alex to answer the phone.

As he did the caller talked first.

"Hey Alex? It's Kiana. Kiana Kaslana. I went to take a walk at the Lastation Stare Park and, um....'

Alex was shocked to hear Kiana and was even more shocked at her randomly calling him now at all times.

"Calm down. What's happening?" He asked.

"Um, I don't really understand what I'm seeing, but I'm just going to describe it to you. It's, a tall almsot translucent building in the middle of the park standing where the Sakura Tree would be. No one is noticing it but me." She explained to Alex before pasuing for a bit. "Alex. I know this is sudden, but, could you come to the park right away?" She asked.

"Alright. I'll be on my way." He said.

"I understand. I'll see you soon!" Said Kiana as she hung up on the call as Alex placed his phone away.

"That was Kiana Kaslana's voice, wasn't it?" Asked Otto. "It seems as if she's found a peculiar location that only she's caught attention of." He said.

"Yeah. She indeed has." Said Alex.

"I see. Your planning to meet up with Ms. Kaslana, right? I'll join you. We're all but guaranteed to find a clue there. Now that we've made oursevles a deal, you wouldn't wanna turn me down, would you?" Asked Otto with a small smirk.

Alex sighed and really didn't have a chance to deny him.

"Fine then. Let's go." Said Alex.

With that the two walked off to the park.

Only good knows what Kiana has seen.

Chapter 42: End