Chapter 46: Beginning The Wait

It was a tough fight but after landing a few good blows, the beat had been beaten and vanished away as Alex and Otto both stared down Kevin, still holding the unconscious K-423 in his hands.

"Shall we continue this? I'm fairly certain any further negotiating pointless." Said Otto as Kevin sighed.

"That seems to unfortunately be the case, but first, I have an idea." He said. "Rather than explain it with words, I'd like you to actually see this new reality with your own eyes. I know that your friends and family are already enjoying it Mr. Mustang." Said Kevin looking at Alex.

"Don't care. Just hand her over." Said Alex.

"Mmm. That, I cannot do. As I said before, she wishes to live in the reality where she is Kiana. There's no way I can hand her over to you with matters as they currently are. I already told you I won't harm her. I swear by it. Don't worry about her. Go. Look at the reality I've created for you all. Once you've seen the results, I know you'll realize which future is best." Said Kevin.

"And you think we'll just obey your orders?" Said Otto.

"I apologize, but you really are going through with this, even if it's by force." Said Kevin as he snapped his fingers.

A blinding light shone until the light was gone, with Kevin and Kiana gone as well.

Alex and Otto looked around until they hears Kevin's voice over the intercom.

'We'll meet again one week from today. I genuinely pray that you'll change your mind by then." He said as the intercom ended.

"Tch. He got away." Said an annoyed Otto. "We shouldn't chase him too far. What say we head back for now?" He asked to Alex.

Alex simply nodded as the two walked back to their point of entrance and after Otto used Fenghuang Down, they had returned back to "reality" as they stood atop the Lastation Park hill once again.

"I had spent all that time investigating all the people around you so I could set you up. To think, the old legendary warrior Kevin Kaslana of all people would be the mastermind behind the absurd situation and he happens to be warping the very fabric of reality while ranting about making everyone's dreams come true. Talk about incomprehensible motives. I can't even wrap my head around such intentions." Said Otto as he stood quietly for a bit before looking at Alex.

"At any rate, we need to figure out our next steps." He said.

"We need to gave K-4, I-I mean Kiana." Said Alex.

"Don't you think it'd basically be suicide to try and save her in our current state?  We need intel first. If we're going to stand up to him, we have to know more than nothing. I'll do some investigating on my own. How about you go and see how this reality is affecting Kiana's friends." Said Otto as he turned to leave.

"I hate to do what he says, but Kevin told us we have to wait until next week/seven days. Let's meet up here next week. Although, I imagine both our lives will be very different if you chose to live in this reality as your friends and family have been." Were his last worlds as Otto walked away to do whatever his research involved.

Alex watched Otto walk away before looking at the city skyline from the hill, thinking to himself.

'So, this is the reality that Kevin created.' He thought to himself. He glanced back at the hazy building there were just in before sighing and shaking his head. 'There's no point in obsessing over it now. I should go back home now.'