Chapter 40: ReWrite

The crowd erupted into cheers as the roof was pratically blown away with how loud the reaction was.

"And your winner is Edward Elric!" Shouted Roy through his microphone.

With the crowd in cheers, and Akari and Al sighing in relief that nothing majorly awful had happened, Ed had fallen onto his knees, looking at the unconscious Alex that was laid next to him.

No words could escape his mouth.

Hell, Edward didn't even get an ounce of excitement over his win.

In many words he would consider his current emotion as, incomplete.

Edward felt as if there was more left to settle, and this fight was merely a way for both to let off their pent up frustration.

Eventually fatigue caught up to Edward as now both were unconscious on the ground.

This resulted in Roy, Akari, and Alphonse to immediately attend to the two and take them away, as the crowd left the colisuem, ending the exhilarating fight.

[The Next Day]

The fight had somehow exceeded it's already high expectations as it had become the first fight to have extrmely high ratings as it just fell short of beating the CPU Fatal-4-Way but it had eclipsed that fight in viewers and were more or less equal in money made.

Even though it was recent many people were already saying that Alex vs Edward was in fact better than the CPU Free-For-All.

Needless to say, Roy was happy for the exposure it gave HQ as many people were suddenly intrested in Alchemy itself.

While that was happening, Akari was at the hosptial watching over a still unconscious Alex while Alphonse was watching over a still unconscious Edward.

Eventually the two got tired of waiting and decided to go together and chat at the hosptial's food court, more accurately Akari was the one eating whole Alphonse just idly sat with her since he was unable to eat due to having no body and being just a soul within a hollow suit of armor.

As the two sat there, Alphonse had something he wanted to ask Akari but he was keeping it in for a bit until he finally spoke out.

"U-Um, Ms. Akari?" Asked Alphonse.

"Hm? What is it Alphonse?" She asked.

"D-Do you think they'll be okay?" He asked.

"Hm? Of course they are. Weiss said Alex was doing good and the doctor said the same thing about Edward. There's nothing to worry about." She said as Alphonse shook his head no.

"I-I'm not talking about that." He said.

Akari was confused but then immediately knew that Alphonse was referring to not to their physical health but more accurately their mental health and their bond.

"Oh. That. Well, from what Roy's told me, he's said that it's best to let the two talk it out. Whatever happens happens. It's just all we can expect to happen. This was clearly more than just a simple scuffle. The two were clearly pissed off at one another." Said Akari as Al nodded.

"I see. But, what if they don't make up and repair their bond?" Asked Alphonse.

"Then we just let father time pass by and hopefully they'll make up one day in the future." She said assuring Al that their bitterness won't last permanently.