Chapter 23: Clouded Thoughts

"Finally. We come into contact with one another."

Alex was baffled.

'That feeling when I was being watched earlier, could this person be who was watching me?' He thought to himself as the figure stepped down onto the ground and out of the shadows.

Even while revealing itself it, Alex had know no clue who they were as it had a black cloak and mask on completely hiding itself body and face, though, from how thin the cloak was, Alex could guess it was a female from how slim the body shape appeared to be.

And his hunch ended up being correct as the figure reached and seemed to turn of what looked like a voice modifier as the voice now sounded feminine.

"I gotta say, you definitely look just like how I imagined. Nice job." Said the female voice.

Alex oddly felt no malicious intent coming from the girl in the cloak and mask as he could tell that whoever this girl was just wanted a genuine conversation with him.

"Look, whoever you are, I don't have time to waste. I gotta go." Immediately said Alex as he attempted to walk off only for the cloaked girl to hold onto his hand.

Alex looked and saw that peeking out from the cloak's sleeve was a black gloved hand.

"Come on now. I just want a little, harmless conversation with ya for a bit. I promise I won't attack.  Feel around my waist and you won't feel a weapon." Said the girl as Alex immediately declined to feel around her waist and just took her word for it and agreed to chat.

The two walked towards a tree and sat on either side of it, their backs facing one another.

"So, how's life been to ya recently?" Asked the cloaked girl leaving Alex confused.

"Why would you care about how my life's been going?" He asked.

"I have my reasons that you'll find out sooner or later. Hurry up and answers my question."

"Alright alright. Look, all I can say have things have happened. No way in hell I'm just gonna open up completely to a random stranger. Let alone one hiding beneath a mask and cloak." He said.

Afterwards he immediately tried to get up and leave only to see the cloaked, masked girl in front of him.

"Hiding beneath a mask and cloak huh? Yeah your right. I clearly am after all, but..."

The cloaked girl then proceeded to remove her glove, as her bare hand softly touched Alex's cheek as Alex blushed but, oddly felt this feeling as if it was familiar.

"Sooner or later, I hope to remove this mask and cloak under the right circumstances for you. I won't be hiding for long, that is unless, you can figure out the mystery of my identity for hand. Until then, sayonara."

With that the cloaked girl left in the blink of an eye leaving Alex standing there dazed and a little confused.

That conversation definitely ended in a way Alex didn't expect.

'That got way too personal at the end there. She's probably just messing with me. Next time I see her she's getting shoved out've the way.'

[The Next Day]

It was the morning but Alex had a tough time sleeping but barely managed too.

He just couldn't easily shake off the encounter he had last night.

Whoever that girl was acted way to personal for what Alex assumed was a total stranger.

After deabting it internally for a bit he got off his bed and walked into the living room which was empty aside from Akari already working in the kitchen.

"Ah your up. Good morning." She said.

"Good, morning." Alex slowly replied back as he sat on the couch.

"Something wrong? You did come back late last night. Did something bother you on the way back?" She asked.

"Nah. It's nothing serious. Just got held up by some people." He said not revealing anything about the encounter.

Yet again he was hiding something but this time it was something really personal due to how casually the cloaked girl had chatted with him.

Alex felt that once it had been settled that he would then tell Akari what was happening but for now he had to keep this under wraps due to how easily his mother worried about him.

Akari thankfully took his word for it and went back to preparing breakfast.

Time then passed uneventfully for the next for minutes as Alex just watched television while Akari continued to cook breakfast as slowly but surely every other resident in his apartment room began to wake up and at the right time as well as breakfast had been completed.

The table was immediately sent and everyone began to eat together and chat amongst one another except Alex who just remained quiet and eating.

Granted he never was talkative to begin with so this was just the norm but without he had been dealing with, it was a little harder to remain quiet.

Though it didn't really matter as everyone else seemed pretty fine in their own chatter so Alex continued his silence and resumed eating.

Hell his mind was too clouded that he couldn't really enjoy his mother's cooking like he usually would.

'Come on get it together Alex. Your better than this.' He thought to himself as he stopped eating for a bit.

He was slowly losing his appetite for his much he was thinking and contemplating.

Out of everything that's happened to him over the past few months, this was definitely the most thought he's put into a situation even though nothing severe really happened aside from it getting a little personal.

Akari had noticed her son's silenece and immediately tried to engage in a conversation with him but unfortunately she was a little too late as Alex's phone suddenly went off so he immediately went outdoors and down the steps to the ground level and looked to see, a random number.

"The hell? This better not be some dumb prank call." He said and answered.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Ah so it is you. Glad you answered." Said the voice of the cloaked girl.

Chapter 23: End