Chapter 67: Selfless

"Come on Ed let's move!" Said Alex as he cariied Ed as the two ran out of the way.

Kamno and HQ's forces combined all encircled Father with tanks, rifles, and miniguns as the "god" slowly stood up, looking all around him with a frown on his face.

"FIRE!" Shouted Jackie as first missles were launched into the sky as they then turned down, all heading straight for Father.

The man didn't move or flinch however as he easily nullified the damage as be brought up his own forcefield to block the attacks.

As the missiles landed, large smoke clouds emerged as Alex reacting to the sudden force they created and immediately ran faster.

"Hey Alex!"

Alex looked to his right to see two of his fellow HQ comrades help escort Akari out of the way.

"You doing okay?" Asked one of them.

"It's looking bad. He didn't even flinch!" Responded Alex.

"Seriously!?" Asked the man in response.

The smoke cloud slowly went away showing Father just standing there perfectly fine as he sent out red sparks toward Alex and the HQ men as they picked up their pace.

"Don't allow the bastard to strike back! Keep em coming!" Shouted Jackie as now everything was let loose.

Mini guns, rifles, and tank shells, and missles were all launched one by one as they continued to bombard Father who had to focus on keeping his forcefield up to avoid taking any hits.

The smome went away and Father was still standing perfectly fine.

"Damn! He isn't even breaking a sweat!" Shouted Jackie until he turned to see Roy slowly walk into view as she knew what was about to happen.

"Everyone! Duck for cover now!" She shouted as everyone did, as a snap was heard.

Roy sent out the most powerful flames he could manage as they were sent out charging fast at Father as it collided with him and exploded.

The flames went away as Father had blocked the attack at the last second.

"Damn! I was just a little off." Shouted Roy as he let another stronger flame loose again as they charged at Father again

This time, Father held his hand out, taking the fire for himself before launching it back at Roy.

In the nick of time, Kunsil swooped in and flew Roy out of the way as the fireball dispersed.

Again another barrage of attacks bullet hell came.

"Don't give em a chance to attack! Make him use up his Philosopher's Stone!" Ordered Jackie.

The rain continued to keep coming as one after another Father stood still continuing to keep his shield up from blacking all attacks, seemingly not caring about using up his Philosopher's Stone.

Suddenly,  Edward had recovered and transmuted the ground as he formed a large wall shielding Father from everyone except Roy.

"Now he's toast!" Said Roy as he snapped his fingers as the fire blazed towards Father and then collided with the wall as the flames exploded all within the wall meaning all the damage was kept to where Father was.

As the flames went away and as the wall was deconstructed, the smoke went away to still show Father standing perfectly fine and unharmed.

"N-No effect at all........" said Jackie as the bullet rain continued to pound at his shield. "We have to find a way through his defenses!"