Chapter 51: Post-Battle

"Kiana!" Shouted Bronya as they all rushed ahead as Alex caught her before she hit the ground.

"You've all...I can't believe you've thrown away your happiness just to come here and...and how? It's impossible." Said Kevin.

"Your....your Kevin Kaslana, right?" Asked Yae.

"That's right." Replied Kevin. "More importantly, why are...."

"Wait. Why's the precious world's here still alive after all these years?" Asked Himeko.

"He was in a cryogenic chamber. That's how he's still alive." Said Otto. "Not only that, he's also the one who's generated the whole distorted reality. Isn't that right, Kevin?"

"All of this was done for your own joy." He said.

"Our joy?" Asked Theresa.

"That's right. I only wanted to grant your wishes. Each and every one." He said.

"Wait you what!? What do you mean!? We never wished for anything like th-." Said Himeko before she was interrupted.

"Is that really true?" Asked Kevin.

"Huh"?

"No, never mind. So, you all intend to deny the reality I've created for you. If you want to fight me, then so be it. If you want to defeat me, that's fine too, but before that, I think there's still room for discussion here. Also, I believe taking care of Ms. Kaslana is more important than settling this issue right now." Said Kevin.

"Planning to run again?" Asked Otto.

"We can get back to fighting, if that's what you really want, but, I think your rather exhausted at the moment.

Otto had nothing else to say as Kevin did indeed have a good point.

"Ngh." Quietly said K-423 as she groaned which turned everyone's attention to her.

Kevin then flashed away as he was now gone from center stage, as his voice now played over the intercom.

"There's still time. In three weeks, I'll hear your final decision. If your views can't allign with mine by then, we'll have no other choice but a physical altercation. As much as I would loathe that, I still can't give up what I've started. What I swore I'd do, on the day I lost everything that mattered to me!"

With that, the intercom went off as that left the group on their own at center stage.

"The Bronya wants to pursue Subject Kevin, but The Bronya doubts that's even possible right now." Said Bronya.

"Let's get out of here. Kiana's gotta rest anyways." Said Himeko.

With that, everyone got up, as Alex carried K-423 on his back as they all left the auditorium and after using Fenghuang Down, had returned to Kevin's altered reality.

"I'm just shocked as I was when we first came here." Said Theresa. "This place is clearly visible, yet no one bats an eye towards it."

"Um, does this mean reality's broken right now, or something?" Asked Himeko.  "Something to do with this Kevin guy, anyway."

"Hey, Alex. How much do you already know about this stuff?" Asked Yae.

Alex then spoke for a bit, informing everyone on everything that had taken place before their arrival.

"So Kevin...." Said Yae trailing off.

"He altered our reality, to make our dreams come true?" Asked Mei.