Chapter 37: A Final Goodbye

A literal miracle had happened as Edward had showed up at the right time as he had attempted to hit Sloth.

Ed immediately helped Akari up and looked ahead at Sloth.

"Listen you damn Homunculus. Get away from Al now." Demanded Ed, acting completely different from the last time he saw Sloth.

Akari and Al were surprised, Al especially as he looked at Sloth.

"B-But brother remember. This is....." Trailed Al.

Sloth gave a small smile at Ed as the older Elric gave no reaction back.

"Akari, Al, step back!" Shouted Ed as he clapped his hands, transforming his automail into a firearm

In an instant Al ducked and Akari stepped back as Ed began to fire at Sloth, who had turned her entire body into water to take the hits as Ed continued to fire until the body went away into the puddle on the floor

Alphonse immediately got in between Ed and the water puddle infuriating the older Elric.

"Brother stop!" Said Al.

"Get out of the way Al!" Said Edward as Akari got up and grabbed his shoulder.

"Calm down Edward!" She said only for Ed to shake her off.

"You stay out of this!" Shouted Ed.

Sloth's head slowly emerged from the puddle as she finally spoke.

"Your hurting me Edward." She said.

Edward's automail turned back into normal as he scoffed at her. "Nice try but I know it takes more than that to kill you!" He said as he immediately began to run the other direction with Sloth immediately chasing him.

She then turned both her arms into water as they wrapped around Ed, trapping him and holding him still.

"Your mother was talking to you." Said Sloth with a smirk.

Ed struggled to break until until he turned to look at Sloth as gave a small smile himself.

This shocked Sloth as she looked down to see what they were standing on