Chapter 4: Falling Apart

Things were getting serious now.

At the roundetable were all 8 CPUs and the two Alexs were all seated as on a digital monitor was Histoire.

She immediately noticed the two Alexs but decided to save that question for later.

"Alright everyone listen. As you know, for the past decade the Gamindustri Graveyard has sat uninhabited and empty ever since you 8 girls defeated the Deity of Sin so long ago." Said Histoire which gave Alex O. nostalgia from his time in his Gamindustri.

"Unfortunately, something happened yesterday. Around midnight, a sudden spike of Anti-Share Energy had been detected and growing at an alarming rate. Tons of Viral Beasts and Ancient Dragons in the area were all immediately powered by the Anti-Shares though neither has left the area. It's like they're acting as if there's a border keeping them in." Explained Histoire as everyone began to take in the info.

"I assume the energy is still increasing?" Asked Noire with Histoire shaking her head no. "It's ceased and stabilized for now. Though it's suspicious, I highly advice some of you to go inspect the area." Recommended the small tome.

"Neptune's going." Said basically everyone at the same time causing said goddess to be shocked.

"Huh!? Hold the Nep up why is it unanimous!?" Asked the pudding loving girl.

"You haven't done anything meaningful in months aside from randomly hosting a pointless party a few weeks ago." Said Noire with Blanc, Vert, and even her sister Nepgear giving a small nod.

Neptune shockingly for once just gave up on fighting against the decision.

"Now, let me assign what you'll all be doing. Neptune and Nepgear will go to inspect the Graveyard along with IF and Compa once I contact them. As for Vert, Blanc and the twins, and Noire and Uni, I'd like you all to go scout your respective nations to check if any beasts have escaped. Once all is done we'll report back in tomorrow. Godspeed to you all."

With that, the call ended as the Nep sisters, Blanc and the twins, and Vert all bid farewell.

That left Noire, Uni, and Alex to deal with where Alex O. was gonna live.

"So, Alex O. you said you lived with me and Uni in the Gamindustri you went to correct?" Asked Noire as Alex O. nodded.

"Well, sorry to be a bummer but you won't be getting the same treatment now. No way I'm letting you stay in our home when I wouldn't even let our Alex stay here." Blutnly said the twintailed goddess.

"Don't worry. I wasn't expecting it. I'll just be sleeping at a hotel." Said Alex O causing Alex to be a little confused.

"You sure? I don't mind letting you crash at my apartment room."

"No need. I wouldn't wanna invade your home space." Kindly said Alex O before bidding his farewell and leaving.

With that, it just left the 3.

Alex sighed and stood up. "Thanks for inviting me Uni. I'll be heading out now."

He turned and walked away.

He pressed the button for his elevator to come up, Noire took the opportunity to talk to Uni privately.

"Why'd you invite him Uni? He looked uninterested throughout the entire meeting."

"Noire take it easy. I just felt like he should know in case we needed help."

"And WHY would we need help from the likes of him? He's just a little kid who only cares about working for his shady organization who's been nothing but a blight and disdain to our public image!"

"N-Noire quiet down! Alex could hear you!"

"Hah! I doubt it! The kid was so uninterested that he probably isn't even listening in! He hasn't done ONE single thing positive for us! And yet I'm supposed to be fine with him dating my little sister!?"

Before Uni could tell Noire to stop, the roundtable got suddenly flipped over violently to the ground as Alex stood there in front of the table.

"Is that all that you care about? Your stupid image? Are you really THAT self conscious!?"

"Well sorry! It's not my fault that I wanna maintain a proper image for my people who follow and respect me!"

"You've always been like this! You always care about yourself and no one else! Don't you fucking know how selfish that is!?"

"It isn't being selfish! It's trying to be a proper respectable goddess unlike the other 3!"

"So what!? At least the other 3 are friendly and don't care about their public image! Their citizens still respect them! You really think making EVERYONE like you is that important!?"

"Look who's talking! Literally no one in the public likes you! You've got a bounty on your head and I'M the one having to keep you alive and away from top ranked bounty hunters! Don't forget that your still branded ad a criminal and murderer for what you did all those years ago!".

Uni tried to get the two to stop arguing, but at that point, the argument was FAR from being stopped.

"Y-You. Your just like those stupid CEOs and news outlets! Always avoiding the the truth! AND YOUR WORSE CAUSE YOU KNOW THE TRUTH! You got it straight from my fucking mouth from the interrogation! All these years you kept nagging and nitpicking EVERY little msitake I did! If you hated me that much why didn't you sentence me to the death penalty all those years ago!?"

"You wouldn't understand a thing! I did it to not devastate Uni and to not have a child die under my watch!"

"And there it is! That just proved it! Your decision to keep me alive wasn't cause of me! It was ALL to keep your public status in tact! Your no goddess! Your just a selfish bit-!"

Before Alex could finish, he received a hard slap to the cheek from Noire.

"Just shut up and go! To think your still ungrateful for all I've done to keep you alive!"

Alex just turned around and softly spoke. "To think your ungrateful that I killed everyone I grew up with just ti save your ass."

With that, Alex finally left and went down the elevator.

As Alex was now gone, that just left Noire, and a very upset Uni who immediately slapped Noire hard.

Noire was caught off guard by her own sister slapping her.

"U-Uni!? What the hell was that for!?"

"You were the one that saved him. You keeping him alive allowed me to finally find love 2 years after that. Yet." Uni looked at her sister face to face, tears streaming down his face. "YOU STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW HE FEELS!"

Uni immediately ran to her room and locked the door leaving Noire alone to sit on the couch.

She had sat down, and began to remember the day 3 years ago, when she finally got what she wanted, and got a chance to talk face to face with Alex.

Chapter 4: End