Chapter 25: Testing

The longer Alex looked at the old discarded photo, the more and more he felt that he was in a fever dream.

Was this what Akari was supposedly hiding from him?

No.

Alex didn't wanna believe it.

He just assumed that this photo was simply photoshopped by Akari herself to play a prank on him.

Why else would this be the one photo that wasn't in her many, many photo albums?

"This, is just a fake. It isn't legitimate." Said Alex to himself only for Truth to include himself into the conversation.

"And how're you so sure that it isn't legitimate?" Asked the pale figure.

"Shut up. Your supposed to be on my side agreeing with me!" Said Alex back at him.

"Listen kid when we agreed to the deal I became your partner in crime, not your bitch boy. I'm not outright saying that it's real or fake. I'm just saying not to immediately cast it away. This could be very important evidence in case the blood test proves the girl's point right."

As much as he wanted to deny it, Truth was right.

He couldn't just automatically assume it was fake and just pretend as if he never saw it.

Depending on the results of the upcoming blood test this photo could either be just a fake as he wanted to believe or genuine evidence that proves the cloaked girl's point.

With that in mind, Alex placed the photo back into its hiding spot in the closet and cleaned up Akari's room to make it seem like no one had rummaged through it.

He left her room and decided to just take a break for today and get the test done tomorrow.

With how much he's already had to think of and uncover recently, it gave him a slight migraine which would've only been more worse had he went straight ahead into the blood test.

Alex went to his room and immediately laid on his bed, taking a deep sigh.

He thought after the two had reunited, and after Akari had revealed that she didn't really die, that there'd be nothing else to hide between one another.

Alex certainly had nothing to hide as he had told Akari pretty much everything that had happened to him during those 6 years apart and Akari did the same.

The fact that there could possibly be something Akari hid from him even after 6 years, just bugged him.

'The Truth is all the I want. And tomorrow, the truth is what I'm gonna get.' He thought to himself as he pulled the covers over him and took a nap to cool his mind down a bit.

[Later that evening]

This whole situation had definitely gotten into Alex's head a lot.

He couldn't take a normal stroll around the town without assuming he was being watched by the girl again.

'Pull yourself together. Once tomorrow goes and passes by then it'll all just be a dumb joke she was playing on me all along.' He thought to himself.

As he sat on a bench watching the sunset for a bit, in the back of his mind he wondered about the opposite.

What if the cloaked girl was right?

Alex had no idea how he'd react or how he'd confront Akari about it but all he knew was that something was gonna give.

Apparently it was too much for Alex just to have a few moments peace.