Chapter 34: The Fatal Day

The scenery had changed back to Akari's room as Truth stood up.

"And there you have it. That one event created the brothers you see today." Said Truth. "Any questions?"

"Why did they do what they did? What did all of that happen to them? And how's it currently affecting them today?" Asked Akari.

"The Elrics' childhood was odd. Nothing bad ever really happened to them as children. They lived happily with their parents Trisha Elric and Van Hoeinheim. That was until one day, Hoienheim left the home and never came back. Hell. Even to this day the brothers still haven't seen their father since that day. That just left the brothers and their mother."

"I assume something awful is gonna happen afterwards."

"Right you are. Even though the three lived happily, unknowingly to the brothers, their mother had become deathly sick and then on one day when the brothers had come back home after picking crops, they opened the door to see their mother on the ground unconscious. Shortly afterwards she died. Not wanting to live as an orphan, Ed had convinced Al to work with him and study all of their father's notes about alchemy so they could resurrect their mother with human transmutation, the ultimate sin in alchemy."

"Why's it referred to as the ultimate sin?"

"All forms of alchemy follow the law of Equivalent Exchange. In order to gain and creare something, another thing of equal value must be lost and given away. Now answer me this goddess of time. What can equal the value of a human soul?" Asked Truth.

That part is when Akari realized why it was a sin and a taboo as she failed to answer that question.

There was no answer.

Nothing could equal the value of a human soul.

"Exactly. No matter how perfect someone could be with their ingredients on the human body, human transmutation will never work. Nothing could ever equal the value of a human soul. Since the Elrics had attempted to play god and revive a human, they needed to pay the price for such an act. Thus, I had no choice but to take Alphonse's body and Edward's left leg. I thought it was gonna end there. Then Edward suprised me by successfully bonding his brother's soul to that armor by the blood seal. That required another toll so I took his right arm."

"Wow. Your a selfish prick." Said Akari.

"Hey. I couldn't let them get away with committing the taboo scott free. Anyways I've said all I know. If you wanna know what happened after that moment, go ask your brother."

With that Truth had vanished back into Alex's subconscious as Akari got up immediately going to ask Roy.

[Timeskip]

Akari had already arrived at HQ in hurry as she made her way down the entrance, up the stairway and down the main hall until she made it to his office.

Shockingly she knocked instead of kicking down the door this time as after three knocks, she was allowed to enter.

Needless to say Roy wasn't pleased to see Akari especially after how much she had annoyed him a few days ago.

"Oh great. Your a little early for your daily teasing ya know?" He said as Akari shook her head no.

"I would've kicked down the door if I was gonna tease you firecracker. I'm here for some important business this time around." She said as she sat down.