Chapter 24: Accusation

[Midnight]

Here he was again at the forest waiting for the guest of honor.

Alex was just peacefully enjoying his time at his apartment room eating dinner with everyone then suddenly the cloaked girl from last time somehow had got his number and called him over to meet up at the same spot from before.

Many thoughts were currently going on in Alex's head.

Most importantly is how did she have his number after only 2 days.

Alex knew there was no way in hell she could've possibly go through the list of every single registered phone number in Lastation and just so happened to randonly call his.

'Just who the hell is this girl?' Thought the boy in his head as he was starting to get a little sleepy due to waiting for quite a while.

After a bit he just decided to sleep the time away until she finally arrived so he sat down with his back against a tree and started to sleep.

Though after only a few minutes of sleeping he felt a tap on his left shoulder and slowly opened his eyes and looked up to see the cloaked girl standing over him.

"Sorry for taking so long. Gotta say though, you looked adorable when napping." Said the girl with a giggle as Alex got up.

"Your the last person I wanna hear compliments from. Hurry up and start talking. I ain't got much time until my mom realizes I'm away this late." He said with slight annoyance.

The girl heard this and seemingly gave a soft sigh. "Your mother is Akari C. Satsuki correct?" She asked with Alex giving a shocked expression.

"How do you know that?"

"Everyone knows that the mother of the world and the demon child are mother and son." Said the girl as Alex cringed at hearing his old nickname he used to have.

"Well that's lovely. Anyways, why'd you call me here? If your gonna preach the same nonsense from last time then might as well leave already." He said fully prepared to do just that.

"It isn't really me preaching nonsense if it's all indeed true. Trust me. Your mom is truly a sweet, and lovable girl. Your absolutely lucky to have her as a mother....." The girl trailed off from her sentence before resuming to talk. "but she has kept one major secret from you your entire life and to this day still hasn't told you about it."

Alex took her words and was a little upset that this random cloaked girl would accuse him mother of hiding something from him.

"Are, are you serious? Are you that fucking desperate for me to believe you that you'd accuse my own mom, the same woman who spent 6 god damn long year to find me, would hide something from her own son?" Asked Alex getting extrmely ticked off.

The cloaked girl however didn't react to his little outburst as her body language remained as calm and cool as ice. "I know it's hard to believe. Trust me, if I were in your postion I would also be upset. However, I'm not in your position. Not everyone is perfect. You of all people should know this best. Your mother is hiding one major thing from you. It's about time you find out about it. Alex. You may not know it yet, but, me and you are con-."

Before the girl could finish speaking, Alex had pulled his dagger out and tried to unmask her immediately to shut her up however the girl managed to have her arm take the slash as the dagger cut through her sleeve and gave a nice enough cut as she immediately backed off.

"I should've expected such a reaction. Well, I said most of what I've wanted to anyways. Till then Alex Mustang."

With that the girl left the area as Alex took this moment to calm down and gather his senses again.

Alex looked at his dagger and notice that he got a decent amount of her blood onto it as a thought came across his mind

'This girl keeps talking to me like we're close or something. Might as well get her blood tested. If this proves to be difficult than mine then she was just playing around this entire time' He thought.

With a plan now in mind Alex took the fresh blood from his dagger and into a vial he had as he closed it to contain it and walked back to his apartment after a long night.

[The Next Morning]

Overslept was an understatement for Alex.

By the time he woke up it was already late morning as mostly everyone living with him had mostly left to their jobs or had other things to do.

Obviously though the only left left was his mom Akari who was washing dishes.

"I left your breakfast plate on the table. I even froze time on it so it wouldn't get cold." She said as Alex thanked her and began to eat.

"I hope you won't mind being home alone for a bit. I got some errands to run." She said as Alex assured that he didn't.

Soon Akari had finished washing the plates and left to do her errands.

Alex eventually finished eating and washed his plate.

As he sat on the couch watching Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen, he tried to keep his mind off last night but one certain pale god thought otherwise.

"Come on Alex! Just snoop around your mother's room! It's better to debunk the girl's accusations now rather than later!" Said Truth over and over again, practically begging him to snoop around in his mom's room.

Alex reluctantly obliged even though he knew he'd feel guilty about it afterwards.

With that Alex walked down the hallway until he made it to and entered Akari's room that she shared with Yae.

As he looked around the mostly pink room, he looked in spots where he would think Akari would hide something such as inside pillows, under the bed, behind the cabinets, inside the cabinets themselves, and obviously the closet.

After doing a thorough search of all of that and then properly returning it to normal, the last place he searched through was the closet and this was a long and thorough search through every single inch of the closet.

Alex tried his absolute best to find something in the closet but ultimately came up empty handed.

"See? I told you so." Said Alex mentally towards Truth as he tried to leave the closet, he accidentally bumped his head onto the upper layer of the closet a little hard.

As Alex winced in slight pain from hitting his head, he noticed something fall from the corner his eye.

He looked to make sure he wasn't seeing things and sure enough he wasn't as he saw what seemed to be an old photo on the floor.

"Odd. Mom always puts every single picture she has in a photo album. I guess she forgot one." Said Alex.

He picked up the old photo to take a closer look at it.

At first glance it seemed to be just a other photo of Alex's birth at the hospital as it showed Akari in the hospital bed holding the newborn Alex with his father Akira by her side.

Both were smiling so it didn't seem like much at first.

However, apon a second glance, Alex notcied something.

He saw something, "extra".

Chapter 24: End